ELC22

ELC22

I balled my fist and hugged my legs tighter when I heard the horse neighed. My tears have dried up and the only thing I can feel is the coldness of the surroundings but I don't have anything to give me warmth but myself.

"Shut up..." I whispered to the horse even if it would never understand me.

Everything flashed before my memory and I cannot help but feel the intense anger and pity for myself.

The Andradas just turned their backs on us. Diana ordered the guards to force Six up into his room even if he's struggling. When they are all out of the receiving area, Felize ordered the remaining guards to take me here in the stable. No one protested.

"Ma..." I cried as I realized what just happened to me and where I am now. "Papa..."

Gusto kong magsumbong. I wanna cry to them. I wanna say sorry. I wanna tell them how scared I am now. I wanna tell them to come and get me out of here.

I feel so disgusted. I feel so ashamed of my name as I remembered the way I pleaded for them to believe me.

Wala naman akong kasalanan... but why am I treated like I'm an animal?

I didn't manage to sleep. I was just hugging myself all the time because it's cold. There were a lot of mosquitoes too and the rice straws are all itchy and sometimes prickly that it hurts. I never even imagined myself sleeping in this place made for animals.

Sobrang sama ng loob ko. I wanna wreck everything that I can see. My hands are restless and I wanna scream loudly and curse everyone. This isn't me. I am not supposed to be here. I should have never done that. I should have never let anyone belittle me.

A thief? Are you fucking kidding me?

I was so immersed by my hatred that I didn't notice how the sun started lighting up the place again. Ang lamig na nararamdaman ko ay napalitan ng init.

"Reese..."

Napalingon ako noong marinig ko ang pangalan kong binigkas ng pamilyar na boses. I immediately stood up when I recognized Dandi's face. Naglakad ako papalapit sa kanya. The stall is locked so I can only talk to her with a gate in the middle of us.

"Sabi ni Nanay baka nagugutom ka na..." she handed me a plastic reusable tupperware that has rice and viand inside.

"Dandi..." I called her after I stared at the food she gave me.

She smiled at me. "Kinuwento sakin ni Nanay. Parehas kaming hindi naniniwala na kaya mo 'yon gawin... medyo mataray ka lang..." she chuckled. "Pero hindi ka naman ganon."

Unshed tears heat up my eyes once again. I remembered how Ate Lucy defended me and how Six tried so much to resist for me. I was hurting for them too...

"Thank you..."

She nodded at me and smiled. "Kumain ka muna... sasamahan kita dito."

"Hindi ko talaga iyong ginawa..." I said to her, ignoring what she told me. Hinawakan ko lang ang binigay niyang pagkain saakin. I really wanna defend my side to someone right now.

"Inutusan lang ako ni Ate Martha na kunin yung kwintas kasi inutos daw kasi ng Senyora sa kanya iyon pero madami siyang ginagawa. Binigay ko din sa kanya 'yon kahapon..."

She gasped while looking at me with wide eyes.

"Edi si Ate Martha..." she muttered.

"Sino ka? Anong ginagawa mo dito?"

Nanlaki ang parehas naming mga mata noong marinig iyon. We all looked at the direction of the voice. We saw one of the Andrada's bodyguards walking towards us.