ELC28

ELC28

"Just one night?"

"Yup, just one night. Even before you wake up, Mama's here again."

"But Mama reads me a book to make me sleep..." his lips curved into a sad one as tears started to fall again from his eyes. "I want my Mama..."

I sarcastically eyed my mother who's patiently watching Papa and Aza talk. Aza is seating on Papa's lap, looking up to see my father's face.

Papa shot us a 'send help' look. I don't know if I would be annoyed or amazed because here is Abraham Legrand, one of the best entrepreneurs in the country yet looking so helpless while talking with his grandson.

"You will be with Lolo, Lola, the Ates and Kuyas here... don't you want us?"

Azariah pouted more while sobbing. He rubbed his eyes using his little hands. Papa immediately took his hand away from his eyes so he won't do it again.

"No..."

I stopped myself from letting out a laugh when I heard Aza's answer. Oh my god! He's cruel and honest! I bit my lips to refrain myself more.

Nakita ko ang pagngiwi ni Papa dahil sa narinig niyang sagot. Si Mama naman ay nanatiling seryoso sa tabi ko dahil kanina ay napagdaanan niya na din iyon kay Aza. That's why Papa stole Aza from her.

"We'll buy you a new toy, how about that?" Papa tried once again.

"I have Mr. Bunny..." my loyal kid said as his sobs started to falter and he's becoming calm again.

"I'll buy you toys so you and Mr. Bunny have a lot to play?"

"Really?"

Papa's smile showed up as my son started showing signs of being convinced. The only thing I can feel in my chest was pureness while watching both of them.

"Yup! What do you want?"

"Mama..."

Hindi ko na napigilan ang tawa ko. Mama smirked beside me when Papa's smile vanished. I shook my head and I stood up. I walked towards Papa and scoop Aza from him.

"Better luck next time, Pa. It's his sleep time..." I said while chuckling.

Aza settled his face on my neck as I carried him. I gently shook him so he could rise from it and instinctively, he really did.

"Say goodnight, baby..." I said while brushing his wet face because of his dried tears, and fixing his hair.

"Goodnight, Lolo, Lola..." he said while leaning on the side of my face and putting his arm on my shoulder. I smiled.

Mama and Papa bid him goodnight too before we proceed in his room. They are trying to soothe Aza down because I need to be away for a day to visit Nueva Ecija in line with our new contract with the Andrada's. Hindi ko man gustuhin yon but it was part of the work to be done. I don't have anything I can do. Besides, I need to put my personal issues behind my work.

Well, damn that. It's been two weeks since I last saw Six or any of his family members. I thought I could finally work in peace!

Mapungay na ang mga mata ni Aza habang nililinis ko palang siya. He looks really tired already because the moment we're done changing into his sleepwear, he immediately proceeded on his bed. I still have to help him climb up, though...

"Sleepy na baby ko? Shall I read you a bedtime story now?" I said, taking the space next to him and pulling him into me. I place his head on my arm while my whole focus is on him.