ELC29

ELC29

Before, I always wonder how would I be able to tell people who I really am without hurting them or without making them feel that I betrayed them. It was hurting me just by thinking that they would be disappointed with me or they would not want to see me again, after.

Out of all those ideas that I have, who would have thought that I would never get a chance to properly admit my lies? From all the things they accused me of being, this is the only one I know I am accountable to.

"R-reese..."

All their eyes are wide and shock while staring at me as I entered the dining room. Lahat sila ay nakahilera doon at handa nang magsilbi sa mga uupo. My eyes went on them one by one.

They all stayed huh...

Ate Glen was the first one in the line, then Ate Cecile, Jem, Ate Martha... my eyes are glued longer to her even if she tries her best to avoid mine. I know she's older than me but that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve my hate from everything she did. Huli sa linya si Anne.

My emotions felt clashing inside my system but I chose to be above it all. This will be over... this won't last.

"Sit here, hija!" Diana Andrada motioned her hand on the chair in front of her. All of the are still standing. It seems like they are all waiting for me to take a seat first before they will.

I walked towards the opposite side to where the chair she's referring to is placed. Samuel Andrada pulled the chair for me. It was then when Six entered the room and I saw how his eyes roamed and stopped at me before he proceeded walking towards my direction.

I sat on the chair as Six pulled the one next to me so he could sit in it. Hindi na ako umanggal dahil mas gugustuhin kong katabi ko siya kaysa sa bruhang nasa harap niya.

Six eyebrow raised when he realized that everyone's still standing up. He coldly eyed them. Samuel Andrada cleared his throat and motioned two women to sit down.

I can feel a lot of eyes following my movements. It was so uncomfortable but at the same time, gratifying. I first felt it with the Andradas... and now. It was filling my ego again.

They didn't believe in me, so I would just let my truth slap them straight.

"I really hope we can start anew, Miss Legrand... I hope you can forgive us for our ignorance and discourtesy. Everything we did felt-"

"Felt stupid and unreasonable?" I interrupted her speech and I continued it on my own.

I saw her raw smile on me. I chuckled as I carefully pick up the table napkin and place it on my lap before I look at her again. Everyone felt scared to speak. The kind of silence they never gave me before because they wanted so much to pin me into something I didn't do.

"It's okay... everyone felt like that once or twice in their lives," I said while sporting a smile.

Samuel Andrada chuckled. I also witnessed how Diana faked it while the one beside her just stared at me like darkly. Six remained silent beside me.

"That's right! Let's leave everything in the past, forget, and start a clean slate for a good partnership!" Samuel Legrand said.

"Yeah...I'm gonna forget how you pointed fingers on me, stared at me like a criminal, cage me in the stable, throw me out inhumanly..."

My smirk grew wider when no one of them spoke or even move. Even the house helps that are starting to serve food were stopped.

Oh? Did I just magically stopped the time? Huh! I'm such a queen!