Epilogue

Note: Finally, we're here! I really tried my best to keep ELC's chapters uniform with the other installments yet I still failed haha!

Anyway, this chapter will formally close the Rugged Series (Lol, I'm feeling emotional). Actually, I intentionally slowed down in updating because I don't want to end them too soon. But that's something we can't help!

Like Kill and Six, and basically all of them, I hope you can find your way towards an authentic life and happiness. I'll root for you! Fighting!

Thank you so much for joining me in their stories.

'Til then, from your Rugged boys and girls.

Are you ready? Hehe.

xxx

ELC46

Epilogue

"Sigurado ka ba? Kahit ata baliktarin natin ang Pilipinas, hindi natin 'to mahahanap eh." Theo said.

"Four years... at this point dude, I don't think we have more resources we haven't used," Hezekiah said before he drank on his glass.

Mariin akong napapikit at nagbuntong hininga. "I know..."

"In the first place, how sure are you that the data you're using to track her is right? Paano kung hindi din pala kaya walang nangyayari?" Rash said as he pulled the chair beside me.

It's one of the many times from four years where we have to meet at my condo to talk about the improvement of our individual efforts. I asked their help before but I never expected that they will go to the top of it to the point that they are still not giving up until now. I don't know how to thank them already for keeping it together when even I, can't...

"The only thing we had is her name, Reese. Her pictures on Six's phone. The CCTV recordings. The phone that was found on her things."

"Ano nga pala ulit ang nangyari don? That should be a great help." Rash asked again, trying to catch up on the things he missed during the earlier investigations where he was still not present.

"It has nothing inside but a phone number. We tried to call it, but it's unavailable. Pinatrack pa namin. We even reached going to its Telco company itself but no... still a dead end." Hezekiah answered for me.

We hired great investigators and trackers too. Iyong mga CCTV footages na nakuha namin galing sa mga dinaanan niya noong pinaalis siya sa bahay ay wala ding naging pinatunguhan. In the end, we weren't able to use it because of the blind spots and the places in between that doesn't have CCTVs. Hindi rin siya nasundan noon.

For years, a lot of people have been in my contact. But until now, I still don't have any single idea of her whereabouts.

"Sigurado ka bang totoong tao 'to, Six? Baka imagination mo lang 'to ah." Theo's stupid remark started again.

I glared at him.

"Chill," he said, with both of his hand raising in the air.

Huminga ako ng malalim. But if she was really just my imagination, I wish I just stayed on my mind and never leave. Where are you, Reese?

"There are three reasons I deduced why we can't still find her..." Hezekiah said. Lumipat ang tingin naming apat sa kanya. He raised his hand to count through it. We became serious while waiting for him to speak.

"First, our current information is wrong," he said, raising his forefinger to indicate the first.

I sighed. I know that... it just proves more that she really lied about everything. Na maging ang pangalan niya ay kasinungalingan. I felt a heavy stone stuck at my heart. Fuck...