ELC38

ELC38

"I met your mother once."

My eyes went up when I heard her speak. She was actually been staring at me for so long. My mind is just really so messed up and troubled to care for it. She smiled at me a little.

As I remember, her name is Santh. Six introduced her and her husband, Hezekiah, to me but I was too preoccupied to carefully listen more.

"Magpapatayo sya ng mansyon non sa pagkakaalala ko. Though, I wasn't the one who continued the project for some personal reasons..." she chuckled. "Legrand... wow."

I nodded at her. I can't still find the enthusiasm to respond well to her. Honestly, I really wanna join the meeting that they are doing upstairs but they just won't let me inside so I have to remain here in the living room with Santh.

"Di din ako makapaniwalang siya ang unang nagka-anak! Todo asar pa kami sa kanya na napag-iiwanan na siya!"

I blushed with what she said. Even if I wanna respond with the same level of amusement with her. The only thing that I have in my mind is Aza. Every hour that's passing felt like a big knife stabbing my body. I'm so anxious that we might be running out of time.

She smiled at me sadly. Finally realizing that no matter how much she tries to distract me, I just really can't. I'm thankful for her efforts but I don't think I would be okay unless I made sure that Aza's okay.

"He'll be okay..."

I nodded at her, looking away because I can feel my tears threatening to fall.

"Thanks..."

She smiled again before she reached my hand and squeeze it.

We both turned in the direction of the main door when it opened. Binuksan iyon ng kasambahay nila. I remained sitting while Santh let go of my hand and stood up.

"Wait..." she said to me.

I watch her walk towards the people who just entered the house. Tatlo iyon, dalawang lalaki at isang babae.

"Santh." the taller man said when Santh reached them. He's white as milk and he looks very American. He was wearing a gray hoodie and black pants.

"Rash..."

"Hi, Santh..." malambing na boses ng nag-iisang babaeng pumasok.

"Cade, I didn't expect you here..."

"Oo, sinundo kasi ako ni Rash galing sa pre-recording kaya dito na kami dumiretso."

"Paano si Cassius?"

The woman chuckled. "Nasa bahay naman si Mama..."

"Hoy, Theo!"

"Teka, Eba. Ka-text ko si Sey!" the guy in a dark blue dress shirt said.

"Where are they?" the tall man interjected.

"Nasa taas..."

"Hi!"

I blinked out of shock when someone spoke beside me. She smiled wider at me when our eyes met. My forehead creased because she looks familiar, well, aside from the fact that she's really beautiful and she looks like an angel.

"I'm Cade..." she offered her hand to me and I don't wanna be rude when I'm not even on my own home so I stood up and accepted her hand.

"Kill Legrand," I said with my hoarse voice.

"Nice to meet you..."

"She's a singer, Kill. Sikat yan!" Santh said as they walk towards me.

"Hindi naman..." Cade said but she's still smiling.