ELC6

ELC6

Life differs from each point of view. I always encounter that thought in almost all the things I've read about life. Now, it's coming back to me because I just dared to resist what kind of life I was given. What if... what if my life is really not supposed to be the one described by most books and articles? What if I should have not just tried to cross the lines drawn to where my life shall only revolve?

Because here I am now, in a completely different world, trying to find out the kind of life that was described by other points of view when it should have been mine alone. I was here, treating someone else's home as mine, when my family is out there, facing a big challenge, and maybe struggling to look for me, as well.

I don't know... I'm so confused and pained.

I was pulled back to reality when someone tugged my arm back. Mabilis niya akong nahila pabalik dahil sa pagkawala ko sa sarili. My eyes landed on Six who looked at me with the same cold eyes.

"What's wrong?"

Napalunok ako at nagulat. I can't believe he stopped me and asked. This is the first time he talked to me first. I was always the one throwing weird questions and statements to him just to annoy him or make him respond to me.

I smiled a bit and shook my head.

"Wala... magtatapon lang."

I raised my hand holding a small garbage can to show it to him. Iniwasan ko ang mata niya. Kusa naman niyang tinanggal ang kanyang kamay.

"Go."

I nodded and turn my back on him. I went on the front lawn of the mansion to look for the garbage bag or bin. I put everything that's inside the can in there. I automatically stopped when my eyes landed on the large classic iron gate of the Andrada's mansion.

Shall I just go back? I can ask Ate Lucy how can I reach Manila and borrow some money from her. But I don't know if they would still trust me if they knew I lied to them. How about Six? I know that he doesn't like me but he lived in Manila. From all of the people here, he knows best how can I go home.

I sighed and turned my back. I started walking back inside. There is already a different news displayed on the TV while Ate Lucy and Ate Glen still remain eating seeds. I put the garbage can to where I got it a while ago.

I eyed both of them. The seeds must be tasty. I watched how they are eating it. They are cracking the seed in half using their teeth. And once it did, they'll get the small thing inside to eat it.

Pare-parehas kaming napalingon noong may bagong pumasok dito sa dirty kitchen. Ate Glen immediately stood up in the sight of Six.

"Senyorito! May kailangan po kayo?" she asked.

Ate Lucy stood up too, getting ready if Six has something to say. I remained leaning on the kitchen counter as I look at him. I saw how his eyes went on the seeds the two older women are eating. I thought he will say something about it because didn't he find it weird too that they are eating seeds? But he just shifted his eyes on both women and nodded his head.

I was alerted when his cold eyes turned to me. I withdrew from leaning to the counter and stood up properly too.

"You'll come with me."

I unconsciously pointed myself.

"Ako?"

He just stared at me for a small second before he turned his back on me without even answering. I questionably look at Ate Glen and Ate Lucy. My hand remained pointing on myself.

"Oo, ikaw! Bilisan mo na at sumunod!" Ate Glen said that made me jumped a little.

"Okay po."

I scratched my head while doubling my steps so I could catch up with Six. I followed him but I just stayed behind him. Tumigil siya at umikot para makaharap ako.