ELC16

ELC16

Six went away once again after I walked out of his room. I heard from Ate Glen that he went back to Manila that night. Hindi na naman ako lumabas ng maid's quarter noon kaya hindi ko alam.

Now, he's been away for one week. I don't know how he's managing the whole ranch and plantation when he's not around. Honestly, I cared less because I'm thankful that's he's out of my sight. I also think that I need this time to condition myself. I may be ignorant of most of the things that I encounter every single day but I would never be fooled or at least... not going to get fooled for a long time.

Isa pa, I didn't choose to stay for love. And while it is the strongest emotion that's reigning in me these days, I'll just learn how to withstand it. Matututo din ako... siguro.

"Saan ba kayo galing?"

"Hmm! Sarap! Ano ito, Ate?" I asked again about the unknown food that I was eating. Dandi was silently eating beside me.

"Maja blanca." Ate Lucy answered me.

I nodded at her. "Naglibot lang kami, Ate. Di ko talaga alam, sumusunod lang ako kay Dandi." I chuckled while munching the tasty food.

It was my day-off today and since Dandi is also free, we decided to stroll around. Actually, it was true that I was just following her around and thanks to her tour-guide nature, she took me to good places! Ang dami nga lang naming nagastos na pamasahe. Hmp.

"Nakakatuwa 'tong si Reese, Nay. Parang ngayon lang nakalabas." Dandi said while chuckling.

I faked a laugh to join her but actually... if only you knew, Dandi. It was really my first time to go out freely like this that's why I'm really hyped about it.

"Syempre, isang araw lang ang day-off niyan sa isang linggo. Ikaw talaga, 'nak..."

Tumango-tango si Dandi habang nasa bibig ang kanyang kutsara.

"Sabagay..."

I left them in the dirty kitchen when I finished eating. I went to the maid's quarter to take a bath because I felt so sweaty and sticky because of being outside all day.

I dried my hair using the electric fan because I have no blower so have to improvise a tool to use in exchange to it. After dressing up and combing my hair, I went back to the main mansion. I was surprisingly getting faster when it comes to preparing myself. Kasi naman, kapag umaga even if I want to enjoy the shower, someone will knock the door, telling me to hurry up! I hate sharing bathrooms, gosh!

"Ano 'yan, te?" I asked Ate Glen who's carrying a lot of paper bags in her arms. I secretly examined those especially that I spot well-known names in those.

Her eyes went on me. I was startled when she walked fast and give all the paper bags to me. Hindi pa ako nagkandaugaga sa pagtanggap noon.

"Anong gagawin ko dito?" I said while clutching the bags.

And why the hell is she just throwing these luxury items? For sure mamahalin ang nasa loob nito!

"Sa'yo yan!"

"Sakin?" My eyes widen. "Binili mo ko?" I asked happily while putting all the paper bags in my arms so that I can properly carry it all.

"Hindi! Wala akong pambili ng ganyan! At kung meron man, bat kita ibibili?"

Ngumuso ako dahil sa aking narinig. Why not? I'm mabait naman. But wait... if it's not from her. Kanino?

"Eh kanino galing?" I asked, turning my back to follow her who's now going in the dirty kitchen.