ELC26

ELC26

Naging mahirap para saakin ituloy ang buhay ko katulad ng dati-with the fact that I am pregnant and I still have fearful issues to resolve. Papa and Kuya Rift made sure that the men who did that will rot in the prison. But it didn't really give me enough peace because the damage has been done. So I have to undergo therapy because of the trauma I acquired from that cruel night.

Those were the last days I thought of the past.

I am guilty of turning away from myself. Since Azariah was born, the only thing that matters to me is him, not even myself. But, I am also guilty of using my own son in order for me to be preoccupied and to avoid thinking of it.

It was true that I would never regret it. It was beautiful... it just really didn't end well.

Did I heal from it? I don't know.

Ang pinaghawak ko kasi noon, hindi talaga ako para sa mundo nila. Na hindi ko na ulit sila muling makikita kaya hindi ko na kailangang balikan pa. And it's useless to think of something that can only hurt me more. I have to live my present, I have to take care of my son... that became the most important thing.

"People connected in the past... don't you believe fate find it's way to connect them again?"

I gaze at my mother while we are both walking in the hallway. We just went out of the conference room, to go to another where the Andradas are waiting. My hands are turning cold and my heartbeat became abnormal but I tried my best to act cool.

"Marchess Legrand... believing in fate?" I said in a low tone of voice.

That sounds impossible. Mama is a very intelligent woman. She likes to take everything using logic. She's a very realistic person and having her now, talking about fate is just completely weird.

"Why not?" she asked me while we both stopped in front of the elevator to wait. "Some people are sometimes drawn to each other like there's a force pulling them."

"Are you talking about destiny now?" I asked, frowning.

The elevator in front of us opened. Mama went inside first before I followed her.

"There were a lot of things in the world that is unanswerable, Kill. You would never know. That's why these kinds... fate, destiny... they exist."

"What are you really talking about?"

She always speaks puzzles to us.

"I didn't expect them to walk on our doors, Kill. I kept my promise to you that I would never be the one who will present myself to them."

"Ma..." I called her, slightly nervous with the tone she was using.

Her eyes are looking at me using our shadow on the elevator. She was still void of observable emotion. She looks calm and serious but her voice says otherwise.

"I just don't want you to think I'm okay with what they did to you like what your brothers are thinking."

Bumigat ang pakiramdam ko. The elevator door opened and we stepped out of it and started walking again. Unlike the floor where our offices are located, this floor has employees around that stop and greet Mama and me-even though, they are looking at me curiously because they are not familiar of me.

"Then why?"

"You'll understand me soon."

Mama raised her forefinger when Jane, her secretary, attempted to open the conference room's door. Kanina pa iyon naghihintay saamin doon. Mama signaled her to wait for a while. The woman bowed down and stood straight waiting for us.