ELC30

ELC30

"Patawarin mo ako..." she said while crying. I immediately press the end button of the call on my phone before my hand fell from the side of my body.

"Hindi ko gusto... kailangan lang ng anak ko... patawad..."

My stomach felt hollow the same thing as my chest does. I held my phone tightly to the point that if it's only a soft thing, it must have been destroyed now. I can't even feel a slight remorse even if I'm watching her cry in front of me.

"What are you saying?" my voice turned out cold.

"N-naaksidente ang anak ko noon, Reese... hindi ko alam kung s-saan ako kukuha ng pera pambayad sa ospital..." she said, shaking her head.

I thought I would feel different emotions as I listened to her. I thought there would be anger, pain, guilt, or even pity from what I am hearing... but I only felt void and empty.

Why?

There were a lot of things playing in my mind but that was the only thing I can say. Bakit?

"Alam kong hindi mo pa maiintidihan dahil wala ka pa namang anak pero Reese... naging desperado lang ako..."

Ganon ba yon? Ganito ba talaga ang mundo? If you are on the brink of falling on a cliff, will you really have to pull someone else so that you could push yourself up as they take your place? But what's that someone's fault?

Why do people love to pull others down to go up when they can just ask for a hand to help and pull them?

"Binayaran ni Ma'am Felize lahat ng gastos ng anak ko sa ospital pero hindi talaga kaya ng konsesya ko... gustong-gusto kong humingi ng tawad pero hindi ko alam kung saan ka makikita..." she sobbed harder.

Nagpanting ang tenga ko. Anger rushed into my blood as I heard the name. I knew it... I have my doubts on her even the first time and it was true!

I know that she hated me for stealing Six's attention on her. I thought the worst thing she can do is to throw shades on me and ruin me in the eyes of Six's parents. I thought she has an ounce of care and respect to Six because she wasn't doing anything big after she learned about us. But I guess she's just preparing for a big thing huh?

What a low-class bitch.

"Reese... patawarin mo ako..."

I balled my fist. My chest is heating up so bad because of too much frustration and anger! I chuckled sarcastically and shook my head.

"Ate, wala akong maalalang pagkakataon na ginawan kita ng masama..." I said, feeling a struck of pain. "I may not be the best person... pero ginalang naman kita. Sana kahit 'yon lang sinukli mo saakin..."

She bowed her head to me while sobbing hard.

"Believe me, I understand that you can do everything for your child..." because I'm a mother, too. "-Pero 'yon na ba ang lahat mo, Ate? Is it the best? I think not..."

She had a choice and she chose to ruin me. Desperate time calls for desperate measures is such a stupid excuse. It will never be valid especially for the person who suffered for your choices even if they are innocent from it all.

I turned my back on her to go back inside the guest room. I grabbed my bag that I placed on the bedside table before I went past the place where Ate Martha is standing. Nagpatuloy lang ako sa paglalakad sa hallway hanggang sa makarating ako sa hagdan.

"Ma'am!" I spotted my driver on the main door while I was walking down the stairs. My sight automatically darkened when I recognized who welcomed him.