ELC25

ELC25

"You won't cry anymore?"

"No..."

"Promise? Even if I leave?"

He pouted and he hugged his rabbit stuffed toy. I cannot help but feel emotional again. That rabbit toy has been with him ever since he was an infant. It was Kuya Cell's first gift to him. Before, he was just half of its size. Now, he has outgrown his toy so much.

But still, he doesn't want to let it go.

"You'll be back?"

I nodded at him. "Of course, baby..."

He sighed loudly. Pinigilan kong hindi matawa dahil doon. My god, he's just turning four but it felt like he's carrying the world! So, going to school is my four-year-old's biggest burden in life huh?

I smiled when I saw him slowly nodded.

"You'll be nice to Teacher Kayla?" I asked him again.

"Mama, you have too many questions." bugnot niyang sagot.

My jaw dropped when I heard his answer. What? This guy! He also has a lot of questions, greater than what I am asking him today but I never told him that! Aba!

"Of course!"

"Ma, let's go home?"

Oh my god, Aza! He doesn't even experience school yet but he doesn't wanna go already! He's just in pre-school!

"No, you'll go to school."

Mas lalong humaba ang nguso niya. It was really cute that I just wanna bring him in my lap and hug him tightly! But I have to keep my straight face because he's really pasaway these days! Gosh! I think I'm gonna grow white hair.

"Bye ka na sa Mommy mo, baby..." Miss Kayla said while she's holding teary-eyed Aza's hand.

"Be back!" he said wiping the tear that suddenly fell off his eyes. His face is already turning red because I know he's trying not to cry.

What a bossy kid. I smiled.

"Tito Rion will fetch you if I can't, okay?" I sweetly said to him.

His face turned like crying again until tears really feel continuously in his eyes!

"I want Mama..."

I sigh deeply. Oh my gosh, here we are again in our crying session. I'm starting to think that Mama's right. Aza may not be ready to be separated from me. I immediately scooped him in my arms when he ran back to me. Napangiwi si Miss Kayla dahil kumawala na naman ang anak ko.

"Let's go home!" he cried.

Oh, my baby...

"Okay, okay, Aza. Mama will fetch you. And besides, I allowed Mr. Bunny to be with you today so you won't be alone, right? Don't cry... Mr. Bunny will be sad too..."

He nodded at me while sobbing, displaying his super sad face.

"Mr. Bunny and I will wait..."

I smiled at him. "That's right. Cheer up na, baby ko. Wipe your tears."

His little hands wipe his own tears using the back of his palm while still sniffing. I put him down to help him fix himself.

"Blow your nose," I said to him like a challenge while holding a towel right on his nose. Agad naman niya iyong ginawa. "Wow! Good boy!"

I kissed his cheeks before I stood up and held his hand so I could give him to his teacher. Aza walked beside his teacher, still on his sad face but calmer than a while ago.