BROKEN FRAGMENTS OF THE PAST

Marilyn read the words over and over again.

She didn't understand, Silene owned a kingdom when she was a Snake?

She was so tired and confused that in the end, she decided to continue that path anyway.

The white light continued to guide her, but beneath it, there were still many shadows in that unknown path. Uncertainty was everywhere she walked.

She simply let herself be guided because she was tired of everything that was happening to her.

Her mind was keeping whirling over the fact that she was still escaping despite her promise to win against her enemies.

"How could I win? I know, I am your shame, even if my mother were alive, she would tell me to be ashamed. Now in my heart, I feel only the cold reality of the evil that continues to bite me." -

"I tried with all of myself, only my grandmother in heaven knows how hard I tried to make it. Please forgive me if I was not up to the task." -

Marilyn kept thinking this merry-go-round of horrible and evil thoughts.

She kept moving forward, even though the cold and the frost lining the path. Marilyn figured that a little cold was certainly better than the wounds of the Snakes that had tried to drown her in a sea of despair and gloomy thoughts.

She might feel safe for now, but each step was plunging her into another sea of despair.

In life, there is always some light and hope to cling to. That's why it's important not to lose heart. Marilyn had it on her new path, but she kept saying to herself that nothing would change anyway.

Sure, I'll have another chance, but for what purpose?

What chances I have?

"By now, I feel I am sinking back into another realm made of tears and sadness. This time, it is inside me. There is no way to let the sun return inside me, it's dead now." -

"I have to face my reality, and at least Silene was right about one thing. You have to face your fears alone. And so, I will. I'll face my mistakes by myself alone!"

Marilyn started to cry again. She bit her lips so hard that they started to bleed

She had come to admit that her enemies won, they took over her mind. They drained her happiness and filled her with gloomy hatred and anger against the world.

"If I could, I would go back and get a sword to do what my grandmother taught me to fight against my enemies." -

"I would make Vanessa, that evil and nasty Snake, suffer in the worst way. I would make her suffer all the tortures of this world so she wouldn't dare to ruin my life!"

After saying this, Marilyn raised her head and tried to find the white light that was now over her head.

"Why do you keep helping me? You don't see how useless and worthless I have become, even I would laugh in my face if I could look at myself and see how I ended up" - screamed Marilyn with all of her strength.

By now Marilyn was shivering from the cold. She continued to struggle to stay on her feet, but her strength was waning.

She tried to stay composed and keep her head up, but she eventually gave in to her sadness and collapsed on her knees. Her dress became covered with mud and dirt, the same dress that took her through all of her hardships. It couldn't shine in the darkness.

As soon as Marilyn saw her ruined dress, she felt as if an arrow pierced her heart. That was Silene's last gift to her, and now that was destroyed like their friendship.

Marilyn put her head between her legs and began to cry bitterly.

"Princess Marilyn, please stand up. You are not alone. It is not yet time to throw away all your hopes. Believe me, this time it will be different. You will be able to win!" - said the gentle light.

"Stop it, that's it! I can't take any more nasty and evil people! The world is so corrupt, there is no use fighting!"

"They have won and I lost, that's my reality, kindness always loose and mean people always win".

Screamed Marilyn with all her energy and tears.

To get her new ally away, she threw a stone at the light. The stone went straight through it.

Marilyn got up to chase the light away, but before she could reach it, she saw the ruins of a kingdom in front of her.

"What is this place? There is nowhere written about the existence of a kingdom other than mine," - said Marilyn, still in shock from this surprise.

"Don't worry, follow me. You will meet a very incredible person who will give you the strength to make it on your way."

With this, the light went up into the sky and headed at full speed into the abandoned castle. From there, Marilyn saw before her eyes magic that she had never seen before.

The white light was transforming the ruins and ashes of the castle into the splendid place it once was.