THE POISONOUS WEAVES OF ENVY

"As I was saying, even the family can turn against you" - one of Serena's arms slowly became transparent, reminding Marilyn that she wasn't real.

"I no longer question your story, I believe you now" - said Marilyn with a smile.

Serena was amazed by that smile and bowed her head to hide her tears.

"I too was a princess once, so I'll start from the beginning to make you better understood" - said Serena.

And so, begins the tale of the former queen Serena.

"I was so happy when I was a princess. I miss those happy and carefree days, but the thing that made me the happiest was being loved by both my parents, the king and queen of this fallen kingdom" - she said sadly...

Marilyn wanted to ask her what happened to ruin and such an immense kingdom, but she let it go and let Serena keep talking.

"My life seemed so beautiful back then" - continued Serena with a happy expression, until she stopped.

"That is until an evil creature decided to grow poisonous plants to murder and destroy all that was good in my life" - Serena said.

"Do you know who betrayed me? Who stabbed me in the heart with those poisonous claws that only the Snakes know how to use?" - Serena asked Marilyn.

Marilyn knew the answer, but she couldn't bring herself to say it. The words died in her throat. It was so difficult to admit the horrible reality.

"My sister! Yes, my little sister, daughter of my father and mother, she condemned us all to die!" - screamed Serena.

"I would never have thought that my beloved little sister would be devoured by envy!"

The worst thing of all is that he not only turned his back on me and her family, but she also destroyed all the lives of the inhabitants. It was all because her envy ordered her to slaughter everything she couldn't have, which was happiness!

"Vanessa was always unhappy with what she owned or who she was. She always had to be the best out of everyone, and that caused the downfall of our family and the kingdom and mine.

Marilyn was petrified when she heard the name, Vanessa. That confession made her blood freeze in her veins.

Not only had her most hated and evil enemy been a princess, but this princess killed her own family to satisfy her greed.

"How can I win against those who have such corrupt hearts?" - Marilyn wondered.

"I know what you are feeling, but I can tell you that thanks to my story, you will understand what my mistake was. This will help you to make the right choices and win against that slimy, cruel woman with no soul. I can't call her my little sister anymore." – continued Serena.

"No, you're right. I wouldn't be able to forgive such a thing, I honestly wouldn't care about any family ties. I've seen how those women are able to ruin others" - said Marilyn.

"I'm happy to hear that you're thinking like a real woman. That's what it takes to face those wicked creatures! In the end, the advice of my precious Silene did something" - Serena said with a sad smile.

When Marilyn thought about Silene, she began to get angrier. She couldn't forgive her for lying to her.

"I know what you're thinking, but the reality is much sadder than you think. Silene was forced to follow Vanessa to save her life" - Serena said.

"Save her life? But if she became one of Deadland's commanders and did harm to Vanessa, it certainly doesn't seem like she was forced to harm her. She must have wanted it too, right? " - Marilyn asked defiantly.

"Not at all. Didn't the bossy Snake even tell you that she rebelled? Let me finish clearing things up for you" - sighed Serena.