THE PALADINE CASTLE

On her way to the castle and towards her destination, she had to cross a street full of people. When she tried to move past them, people did not move but let Marilyn pass through each one.

Marilyn realized that all she saw was only the projection formed by ghosts and long distant memories.

As she did, she was hit by all their memories. Marilyn slowly realized that Mudland hadn't always been the evil place it was now.

Once, there was good even in that cursed land!

"So, not all of Mudland was corrupt! Some people are forced to serve the Snakes!" - Marilyn thought.

After walking for quite a while, she reached the entrance of the castle. There weren't any guards standing nearby, which Marilyn thought was strange.

In front of the door you could read an inscription that said:

THE PALADINE CASTLE

Marilyn almost did not believe it. Who had the desire to go and live in the middle of that desolate place?

Before she could think further, the white light appeared before her again, and this time, Marilyn heard a voice almost like Silene.

"Welcome, Princess Marilyn! I'm so happy that you reached me. Follow me to the main hall. There, we will be able to speak and I will also be able to control my powers."

Marilyn walked inside. She wanted to solve all the mysteries that were hidden in that place. She had to finish knowing every single secret to win.

Guided by that luminous sphere, Marilyn traveled through a long corridor that was decorated with beautiful paintings of all the queens and princesses who had lived in that beautiful castle.

"I can't believe that in this gloomy and ghostly place, there was once life. I just can't imagine it" - sighed Marilyn.

"There was, indeed, we were so happy that unfortunately, we attracted the envy of the worst creature we could have the misfortune to meet" - said the white sphere sadly.

After crossing the entire corridor, they finally reached the great hall and the sphere told Marilyn to stand in the center of the room.

Marilyn, although suspicious, decided to obey. To her surprise, the sphere approached a burning fire. The flames began to envelop her until a figure of a splendid girl appeared before her. It looked like an older Silene.

Marilyn couldn't believe it.

"Silene, you're back! I thought you were missing!" - Marilyn cried.

She wanted to hug her, but the flames that framed the mysterious figure did not allow it.

The woman, albeit with a sad smile, shook her head in denial.

"I understand that you were hoping I was Silene, but I am Serena, the former queen of this splendid kingdom" - concluded the woman with a lowered head.

Marilyn did not know what to say. She believed that her kingdom was the only one that existed. So, it was true that she never faced real life.

Serena began to speak and said, "It would take too long to explain the suffering and torture I and Silene went through, let me show you through my memories."

A bundle of flames began to form a circle and Marilyn was able to see into the memories of the former Queen Serena.