THE REVEALING BATTLE

Marilyn stopped when her face was inches from the Snake. She bored her fiery eyes through the Snake's soul and slowly raised the sword.

The Snake whimpered, never seeing anyone have the courage to face it before, and jumped back. It realized that it had to escape.

The Snake ran away as fast as it could, sprinting to the door, but it realized in horror that the spirit of Serena had blocked all the doors. It pulled on the handles in desperation to no avail.

"Open up, dammit! I will not die here nor will I be humiliated by one of my victims!"

The Snake wasn't ashamed of being a coward anymore. Its past defense mechanism of bullying those who it believed was inferior to it wasn't working. None of its old trucks were working.

The game was over for that Snake. It spotted a ladder across the room and hurriedly climbed it up to the roof. Marilyn was hot on its tail, pointing the sword to the sky as she ascended the ladder and stepped up to the roof.

She watched the Snake dart its eyes around, searching for an escape route that didn't exist. The roof overlooked the main square of the destroyed kingdom.

Marilyn thought about how Serena had felt seeing everything go to ruin because of her good heart.

"I will not make the same mistake" - Marilyn muttered under her breath.

"I will put my good heart aside. I will win this battle! I have conquered all my demons and all my fears!"

A whirlwind of thoughts and new hopes now lived in our heroine and finally, she could say with all and with a sign of new courage that this was born inside her.

"There is no longer any chain that holds me back. I am the protagonist of this story and if I have to kill some evil and envious Snake to become queen, then so be it! A heroine must know how to fight! I am the only warrior who can do it in this life!"

The Snake was pleading for Vanessa to save it, screaming her name into the air. But Vanessa wasn't about to come out now. She wouldn't want to get her hands dirty in this mess, now would she?

Marilyn pointed her sword at the Snake.

"Please! Don't hurt me!" - the Bossy Snake begged.

"I'll never hurt anyone again, just let me go!" - Tears streamed down its face.

"Swear it. On your honor" - Marilyn commanded.

"I swear! I swear!"

Marilyn wanted to let her go, but all of the broken promises from before resurfaced in her mind. Even still, she was still a princess and did as her heart ordered. She decided to let her go.

"I'll let you go, and I'll even forgive you, but if you try to break this promise, my sword and my revenge will be absolute. Do you understand?" – she said while keeping the sword pointed to the Snake's chest

"Yes! I promise!" - the Snake said, it's voiced laced with fear. On trembling legs, it scurried back to the ladder.

Marilyn let her pass, but you know what happens next, right?

The Snake grabbed a dagger from the ground and turned around to strike Marilyn. What followed were desperate blows and slashes as the Snake tried to kill Marilyn or hurt her enough so she would stop being a threat.

Our heroine certainly did not trust the fale words that came out of that evil and overbearing mouth and she knew very well that there was nothing to trust in that useless woman. Marilyn blocked every strike with her sword as she spoke.

"You will never change! You were born despicable and evil and you will always remain so! But now, I'm going to be the first to make you understand!"

That said, Marilyn hit her opponent, slashing the dress it was wearing and tearing the fabric, returning the favor of what happened to her dress before.

"How do you feel being on the other side of the pain? Don't you like what you did to me? To all of us?"

The Snake was crying so hard it couldn't speak. Meanwhile, the rain started to pour from the sky, dampening the roof and making the floor slippery.

The Bossy Snake was humiliated for the first time. It didn't want Marilyn to go to Deadland and tell the others how she defeated it, so in its last attempt, the Snake tried to push Marilyn against the window.

With the last lap, she tried to push Marilyn off the edge of the roof, but it slipped right on one of the shreds of her dress and fell back, hitting the roof with a thud. Marilyn seized her opportunity and smashed her sword into the Snake's chest.

Marilyn pushed the body off the roof, watching it fall to the ground below, and turned to climb down the ladder. When she reached the bottom, she noticed shards of glass covering the ground from their scuffle. She hadn't realized that they had shattered a large window into a thousand pieces.

Marilyn stared out of the destroyed window, seeing the body of her enemy lying on the ground outside.

"Was I really afraid of her once? When it bleeds it has red blood like mine? She was no different than me. It had an evil and perfidious heart, but I, on the other hand, have a good and brave heart. I must always remember that this is my strength and my victory against all my enemies and life!"

Now Marilyn had become the SLAY ALL SNAKES heroine we were waiting for She was ready to go live a new life, reborn from the ashes of her fears.

The story isn't over yet, but now we know we can win once and for all.