A BROKEN FAIRYTALE

"As you know Marilyn since you are a princess, we lead a splendid and happy life since our every wish is always fulfilled" - said Serena.

"Of course, life seemed like a beautiful dream that never seemed to end, but unfortunately, I had my bad awakening in the worst of ways. I must admit, I was warned by my grandmother to be cautious. In the end, evil won and I found myself alone and betrayed by those I trusted most of all" - said Marilyn sadly.

"Yes, I understand too well. The betrayal never comes from our enemies, it's always from those who we thought were on our side" - Serena added.

"But sometimes the worst betrayal is from one who is from your blood. That is the most unhappy and sinister betrayal that a person, or rather a sister, can experience in her life" - Serena said between tears.

"A sister? But it's not possible. I refuse to believe it. You can't trust your own family?"

"I cannot tell lies, Princess Marilyn. Even from your blood, the green-eyed monster named envy manages to strike without mercy or shame. Blood bonds are easily destroyed by that hideous and slimy feeling" - Serena said.

Marylin was once again petrified by reality. She thought she had heard everything, but nothing as cruel as this.

She couldn't trust her own family anymore?

But then who was left in her life?

Nothing but cruel loneliness?

Marilyn shook her head. Serena realized what was going through Marilyn's mind, so she told her the sad and crude truth in the sincerest way.

"The truth hurts, but you have to face it if you want to win in life. I'm sure you will, I believe in you. You are our last hope!" - confessed Serena.

Marilyn was speechless. She wanted to defend this kingdom, but she could not deny the evidence of inevitable betrayal.

After a long unhappy sigh, Marilyn still couldn't believe Serena.

"I know it was hard, making you believe this sad reality, but now you will understand. You won't fear anything" - said Serena.

"Not at all, now after having hit the bottom, you certainly can't go lower than this" - said sadly Marilyn.

"No, not at all, you're right" - Serena almost smiled from that sincere confession.

After so much suffering, someone finally understood Marilyn. This managed to take away some of her bad memories, though not all of them. It consoled her to know that she had finally found the key to freeing all the innocent victims of the Snakes.