Chapter 17

"You gave me a hicky" I yelled acting like I was mad while looking in the mirror.
"I'm sorry babe" he said kissing my cheek.
I walked into the bathroom turning on the shower and stripping my clothes off. Then got in the shower.
I then got out and put on a pair of yoga pants and a looser shirt. It showed the bottom of my belly. I put some makeup on the hickey so it wasn't so visible. I walked down stairs and sat down on the couch.
"What are you wearing" the guy I wretched the most was talking to me.
"Clothes" I said.
"Well I don't think they are very appropriate" he said.
"Well I'm staying home any way, so I don't think it matters" I said back, getting up.
He took my hair and pulled my back to the couch. My eyes started tearing up.
"Stop it hurts, please stop" I said trying to sound tough.
"Are you going to start listening to your father" he said with his teeth clenched.
"I will never ever listen to you, you are not my father" I couldn't believe my eyes I was lifting him. I then I looked at him and then all of a sudden he flung into the wall again.
"Holy shit" I said running into the room my mom was in.
My dad was sitting in a chair by the bed. I breathed as I locked the door behind me.
"Dad something's wrong with me" I said sliding down the door. My belly was a little bigger so I just leaned my head back because I couldn't get my knees up.
He came over by me and sat.
"Nothing's wrong with you" he said he held my hand.
"The why am I flinging people around and I'm breaking things."
"You just like your mother"
"Wait how, moms a fairy"
"She's like you honey, shes a fairy and witch"
"No wonder why I didn't get my wings" I said in relief.
We just sat there silently while I heard Jake running in the kitchen coming our way. We got up and opened the door. His eyes were in terror.
"T-the caddies" he said pointing at the other side of the house.
My dads eyes got huge while his mouth was dropped. My heart dropped out of my chest. I could feel my baby just stay stiff like it knew what was going on.
"Get the guns" my dad yelled while Cody was running downstairs. Jake and Cody ran into the garage and got the guns and came back. They shoved them into a black bag.
"What about mom they will know that she's half" Cody said while picking me up. I forgot I couldn't run. My dad picked up my mom and yelled for my step dad. He wasn't coming. We went out the back door and ran. We heard guns going off behind us.
I heard a gun shot. I then heard a shriek come from my dads mouth as he fell.
"Dad" I screamed.
Mom was lying on the ground my dad was laying there with his leg shot.
"Dad come on" Cody yelled with his voice cracking.
"Go to our safe house, take your mother" my dad said trying not to cry.
"Dad we can't leave you" I said while the gun shots were getting closer.
"Go" he yelled at us. My brother has Jake take me and Cody took mom. We started running away. I looked back and saw my dad laying on the ground. Then I got a last glimpse of him. As we went down the hill.