[33]

The man continued grunting and wincing in pain, and when Soomin sat back up, he was already laying on the ground

The man continued grunting and wincing in pain, and when Soomin sat back up, he was already laying on the ground. There was blood streaming from the side of his mouth, rolling down his face and onto the grass below. Above him stood a panting Donghyuck, and he used the sleeve of his large, black hoodie to clean up the blood coming from the big slash on his cheek.

"What are you doing? Go!" He commanded to her, looking at the new batch of opponents that were running in their direction.

Soomin spat out the cloth, coughing as she used the tree to haul herself up. Donghyuck purposely moved towards the opposition to distance himself from the girl as he began fighting them. She had to admit, he was pretty darn good since he was able to keep up with 3 adult men.

But that was definitely not the time to think about that. That's why Soomin began frantically turning her head to figure out where the fuck she was supposed to go.

"GET THE GIRL!" A loud, male voice cut through the air behind her, forcing her to set off into a run. Maybe now that there aren't many more people in the mansion, it would be safe for her to go.

That's when the terrific realization that her life might actually be in danger dawned on her, just at the wrong time. Her breathing increased and became more uneven and she felt as if she was about to choke up. The sounds from around her slowly faded, making space for her racing heart to be the only thing she was able to hear. The exhaustion and the wet mud under her bare feet also didn't do her any better and she began feeling dizzy.

That's why she yelled once more as someone grabbed her by the lower arm, but instead of being yanked back, she was pulled to the side. And that's when another gun shot cut through the air, echoing through her head.

But she was safe. A hand was wrapped around her torso, pushing her against his chest. He was breathing heavily as well as he had clearly run to go save her. His warmth radiated onto her, making her feel more protected that anything else.

Looking up, she caught sight of his sharp, structured jawline and tense face. His eyes soon moved down to hers, and he quickly scanned her for any sign of injury. But seeing that she was alright, he looked back to where the attackers were.

Soomin also tried to turn her head to see them as well, but the hand that the boy had around her waist travelled to the back of her head at the speed of light and pushed it against his chest.

"Don't look." He commanded in a low voice and a second later, yet another gunshot and loud yell.

Soomin bit down on her bottom lip whimpering, realizing just what Donghyuck had just done. He had shot the man, murdering him on the spot. 

"I can't believe those bastards played us like that. How pathetic." Jaehyun spat out as he wiped his bloody hands with a small towel.

Thankfully, everyone was fine. Thanks to their sharp reflexes, they managed to overthrow the many men that had invaded their home. They couldn't say the same thing about the house though, it was completely destroyed.

"What did you expect? There may be a lot of them, but no one can overthrow Taeyong, Yuta or Donghyuck. Even if it's a 10v1." Hendery ran a hand through his very messy hair, his casual, striped white shirt now covered in blood.

"These damages are going to cost a fortune, holy shit." Taeil looked around the completely destroyed living room.

Just then, Taeyong came into the overcrowded room. He was also quite bloodied up, but that of course wasn't his blood. He looked around all the overthrown furniture, the corpses on the floor, some dead, some barely alive, and at his conversating members. As usual, he raised a finger and did a head count and he frowned, seeing that he was two people short.

"Where are Donghyuck and Soomin?" He asked confused, seeing the two nowhere in sight.

The rest of the members also glanced around, realizing that the two were indeed gone.

"Soomin should be in the in the archive room in your office." Johnny spoke up calmly, remembering how he had instructed him.

"I just came back from there and didn't see her. The system says no one even came in ever sine the attack." Taeyong informed, now slightly worried.

"No way..." Sicheng's eyes widened. "Do you think they took her?" 

The panic level began rising in the room, but before any action was taken, the loud stomping in the hallway grasped anyone's attention. Soon enough, Donghyuck showed up in the doorframe, the only injury on him being his slashed cheek but otherwise he seemed alright. His eyes scanned over all of his members and the bloody mess that became of the living room.

Realization falling upon him, he was about to yank the girl that he held by the hand back but she had already come up to the doorframe beside him. Soomin gasped quietly, seeing what had happened. Her eyes fell on all the bodies of the ground, the blood on the walls, floor and ceiling, and the one on the members's t-shirts. They also looked down at themselves and around, immediately spotting the problem.

But before anything was said, Donghyuck stepped in front of her and tightened his grip on her hand.

"Let's go." He said calmly and quietly. He then pulled her by the hand down towards his room.

 He then pulled her by the hand down towards his room

Awww but also not aw