*knock knock* this thing still on? (a/n)

Wow...... long time no see huh.....

Hi guys! It's Dana, it's been so long OMG I'm 17 now yall i wrote this when I was a literal BABY time is absolutely insane to me

BUT ANYWAY how are yall? I just wanted to drop in and say hi and thank yall for still enjoying this trainwreck of story from a budding writer who had absolutely no clue what she doing years and years later I appreciate it immensely. 500k reads??? That's fucking CRAZY, I still remember the pride I felt at 1k, i thought i was the SHIT yall lol

Perhaps I've come on here just feeling nostalgic because of the midnight sun release, have yall read it yet? I plan on buying it soon.

Ok we're gonna get a little sappy now so excuse me.

To put it bluntly I used to be so ashamed of this story but reading over a few chapters made me have a bit of an epiphany, and it was that publishing this story was the bravest thing I could've ever done. Writing was the medicine I never knew I needed, and i would've never found it without SYAP. This story was the catalyst for finding my self identity, and beginning to carve out my future place is this world and I'm so so thankful I decided to let impulse take over and click publish. This story has always been my black sheep baby, but it's time to take it out the shadows and for me to have more pride in it. I'm actually kinda mad I spent so long cringing at it tbh.

(I mean it is a bit much at times, lots of cliches and all that but again, this was my first time so I'm allowed!)

At the time I was a little girl with feelings too complex for me to fully understand but I knew I was suffocating and i desperately craved a way out so I created Melody and let her do the talking, she became my best friend and the greatest coping mechanism i ever had at the time, because she said everything I wasn't ready to.

She was my gateway to finding out I wasn't alone in the feelings either and words cannot describe the weight that lifted off my shoulders to know I wasn't going crazy. It didn't automatically make everything better but it helped make it easier to deal with. As cheesy as it sounds yall readers really did make it all worth it, i could NEVER have accomplished any of this without you guys, and for my new readers, or readers that weren't there during the initial publishing of this story, I'm so glad you decided to strap in and immerse yourself in Melody's journey and I hope you found/find strength or comfort or whatever else you craved or needed in her character just like it did. And please know that I do see y'all! Trust me, I get about 5 emails a day on average for your comments on this story, so I promise you are very much valued to me!

As for Melody and Hayden, their relationship is progressing smoothly, they still bicker like immature school children, and are planning to renew their vows in a couple years on their tenth anniversary. the actual school children in the house are a handful, in their early teens now, Ashton is a quiet one but that Celeste.... whew boy does she have a mouth on her. The new baby was another girl, and her name is Genevieve. She's a grandma's girl and loves spending time with Bella, and Celeste, the little mischievous thing, likes to recruit her to mess with poor Ashton. But their brother still loves both his sisters a lot and would do anything to protect them.

All in all, life is absolutely splendid for the family, they still move with the Cullens but made the concious decision to choose to stay as far away from high school as they can, and have taken joy in making fun of the rest of them for choosing to do so. Occasionally they go back to college to try different degrees though! Hayden just finished his film while Melody has one more year of aerospace engineering to go.

Here's my one last thank you for the road, I love and cherish all of you lways. Take care, and please remember to wear your masks outside and wash your hands! Let's all do our part to reduce the severity of this unfortunate global crisis so we can get back to our lives safely!

Sincerely,

Dana