𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫

"Of course it is, Cyar'ika,"

~~~

Kenna woke up, alone. She frowned and slowly stood up and exited the room. As usual, Din was already in the cockpit flying to where ever they needed to go. She sat behind him in the passenger seat and watched the stars fly by.

"Din, where are we going?"

"We are going to get a job," She snapped her head towards him.

"We are on the run, that would put all three of us in danger," He flicked switches and pressed buttons before spinning in his chair to look at Kenna.

"I know it's not good, but we need money, our supplies are dangerously low," He stood up and hopped down the hatch shortly followed by Kenna.

"Din, there has to be a better...safer way to do this!" She hissed as she followed him as he prepares food for the child who sat on the table with a large grin.

"There is no other way," He said bluntly.

"There has to be, we always find a way," He passed the small bowl to the child who slurped on his food happily.

"Unfortunately, not this time,"

"Can you at least tell me what the job is?"

"I'm meeting with an old friend who won't tell me until we get there," She sighs and sits down next to the child who offers her his bowl but she shakes her head. Din sits down beside her and places a plate in front of her. "Eat,"

"I'm not hungry," She stands and walks around the ship, picking up her spear and different tools.

"She is," He mumbles to the child. "Have you seen her eat?" The child tilts his head and coos at him before sipping out of his bowl. "Same," Kenna sits down at another table and starts fiddling with different instruments before bringing it down to her favoured weapon, blue sparks flying off it. Din watches her and frowns, looking back at the small portion of food. "Kenna,"

"Yes?" She asked, clearly more focused on her work.

"Eat,"

"You can have it, I'm not hungry," She says, soldering two bits of wire together.

"Eat," She sighs but doesn't answer and continues working. The child looks between the two, sensing slight tension and then sips his soup again. "Kenna--"

"No,"

"Kenna, please just have this,"

"No," She screws something within her spear and flips it over, the weapon humming. Din sighs, giving up, before climbing back up the hatch. Kenna looks over when hearing Din leave and frowns slightly. "I've made him angry, haven't I?" The child walks over to her and places the plate in front of her before grabbing her necklace that dangled from her neck and then sits on the table, looking at her. "Now you?" She chuckles, focusing back on her work.

~~~

"We're here," Din states after landing the ship. He picks up the child and places it inside its compartment before closing the hatch. Kenna picks up her spear which now glows blue and seems more technical.

"Look what I did. I made some changes to my spear. It is a deadly as a blaster shot but as light as a feather," He doesn't respond and opens the ramp, walking out into a large space station hanger. A large man with and long grey beard and wiry hair approach them with a big smile.

"Mando. Is that you under that bucket?" Din takes the hand of the bearded man and shakes it.

"Ran," He lets go of his hand and begins to follow him, Kenna in tow.