•3•

I finish up the last few bits of my makeup routine, looking absolutely perfect for the party tonight. My first frat party! This is so exciting! I can't wait to experience this.
I take a quick mirror selfie, posting it to my Instagram before walking out to the living room.
"Jesus Christ Sav put on some fucking pants." Tom comments.
"Haz! Tom is sexualizing me again." I say.
"Tom stop sexualizing my sister!" Haz warns from the other room.
"You ready to go?" Tom asks me, grabbing his keys.
"Scuse' me?" I say. "Where do you think you're going?"
"We're going to the party." He states.
"No. I'm going to the party. Alone."
"No. You're not." He says plainly. I already know I'm not going to win this argument but he's so irritating.
"Since when do you care about me?" I ask.
"I don't but I'll take any excuse to beat Sutton's ass so if he does anything im beating the shit out of him." He says. "Come on let's go."
Before I can argue anymore, he's already out the door and walking to the car. Oh well.. once he gets a few drinks in him he will be off and distracted by some girl. That's typically what happens with Tom, which doesn't bother me because then he will leave me alone.
I get into the car, and he pulls out of the driveway.
"So why don't you like Sutton?" I ask.
"None of your business." He says.
"Then why expect me to avoid him? You can't tell me to stay away then proceed to not tell me why." I say.
"Yes I can. You use to follow me around like a puppy and did everything I said. What happened to that?" He asks.
"I was like twelve." I say.
"You were obsessed with me." He grins.
"Because I was twelve!" I laugh.
"Yeah well I'm just saying." He says as he turns a corner, pulling the car up to a house. "You didn't get into crazy shit when you listened to me."
"Or I didn't get into crazy shit because I was a literal child" I say.
There's people piling into the house, more than I expected. I'm excited to finally go to my first college party, even if it is with Tom. He gets out of the car, and I follow quickly behind him as we walk up to the door.
"Rule one, no setting your drink down. Rule two, never take a drink from anyone that isn't me. Rule three, don't go to a secluded area with a guy that isn't me. Got it?" He says.
"Yeah." I nod, not actually paying him too much attention because the loud music filling my ears and the drunk bodies standing around talking loudly takes all my focus. I always read about college parties being some big dance party, but in reality it's just like a big music filled, drunken hang out.
"Holland! Since when do you come to the frat parties?" Some tall guy exclaims as he walks up to us, bro hugging Tom.
"Just thought I'd check it out." Tom shrugs.
I use the distraction of his friend to slip away, walking past the large living room into the second entertainment room where everyone's playing beer pong and hanging out. It's a lot more crowded in here, so I weave my way through, just getting a feel for the party.
"Girl your dress is so cute!" A brunette says.
"Thank you!" I smile.
"I think we have Bio together. I'm Molly." She introduces herself.
"Savannah." I say. "And yeah we do."
Making a friend at my first party? Perfect!
"So I see you came with Tom." She starts. "Do you know if he's seeing anyone?"
Of course. She's only talking to me because she's into Tom. It happens more often than people realize. So many girls find out I'm 'friends' with Tom or find out I'm Haz's little sister and they will flat out pretend to be my friend just to get an 'in' with the boys. I really can't stand when people do that.
"Yeah I think he is." I lie.
She deserves it.
"Oh." She frowns. "Well.. it was nice meeting you."
And with that she walks away. So much for making friends.
I walk around the house, exploring a bit more while avoiding Tom at the same time. All these drunk, sex crazed, freshly out of high school people are pretty lame. Or maybe I'm the lame one for not getting drunk and joining in on the fun.
"Hey Savannah!" I hear my name called, and turn around to see Sutton walking towards me.
"Hey." I smile as he reaches me.
"Glad you made it, here have a drink." He says, offering me a red solo cup.
Toms rule number two comes to mind, never take a drink from anyone that isn't him. I contemplate wether to listen or to ignore what he said, but at the end of the day Sutton is the only person who's felt even slightly friendly since I came here so I take the drink, and put the cup to my lips.
"Hey where'd you get that?" A voice says almost quietly, pulling the cup from my hand before I can drink any of the liquid. I look over to see Tom standing next to me, and shoot him a quick glare.
"Tom." Sutton says less than enthusiastically. "Why are you here?"
Tom lets out a small laugh, setting the cup of liquid on the table next to him.
"Well Savannah wanted to come, so I thought I should come and keep an eye on her. You know how frat boys are." He says.
"Are you implying something?" Sutton asks.
"Just keeping a friend safe." Tom shakes his head with a smile on his face. Not a genuine smile though, more of an irritation smile.
"Well I can assure my parties are always safe."
"Hey Tom come check this out!" One of Toms friends calls him from across the room.
"Go. I'm fine." I say.
Tom gives Sutton a hard stare, before walking off towards his friends.
"Sorry he normally isn't so over protective." I say.
"He your boyfriend or something?" Sutton asks.
"Tom? Ew no." I laugh.
"Good." He smiles. "Wanna go somewhere else? Where we can talk? Get to know each other a little better?"
"Sure."

A/N: there's going to be lots of over protective Tom in this story💗