•41•

Hannah is now at nine centimeters, and were just passing the time in the waiting room chatting with her brother, Spencer. He's actually so nice, maybe even nicer than she is.
"A firefighter? That's so cool." I say. "Sounds so scary.."
"Ah well It's not that bad, walking through fire is all part of the job." He shrugs.
"Can you walk on water too?" Tom asks and I glare at him.
"Well I haven't tested that out yet but I'm sure I could find a way." Spencer laughs.
He looks up, his smile falling as he groans.
"Scuse' me for a second. I think my mum is trying to pick up a doctor." He says, getting up and walking away.
Toms hand grasps the hair at the back of my head, turning me to face him. I gasp slightly, slipping into submissiveness.
"What do you think your doing?" He asks lowly, his eyes searching my face.
"Nothing.." I mutter.
"Do you think it's okay to flirt with other guys? Hmm?"
"No." I answer.
"No what?" He says.
"No sir." I comply.
His grip on my hair tightens as his forehead rests against mine, his hot breath hitting my face.
"You gonna be a good girl now?" He asks.
"Yes sir." I say, and his grasp loosens, his hand rubbing soothingly over my hair before pressing a kiss to my lips.
"I don't want to see that shit again." He says firmly as Spencer starts to walk back over.
"I was just asking him a question!" Hannah's mom exclaims.
"Stop flirting!" Spencer scolds.
"I'm gonna go check on Han." I laugh, getting up and walking down to her room. I go inside, witnessing the cutest moment I've ever seen between her and my brother. He's laying in the bed with her, running his hand over her stomach. I have no doubt that they're going to make great parents, and last forever. They're the perfect example of sticking with it and loving each other no matter what.
"Hey, just checking in." I say.
"I think were almost ready to go." The doctor says as she types into the computer.
"Don't tell my mum, she'll throw a fit if she knows I'm only having Haz in here for the birth." Hannah says. "And when she asks, or wants to come in, stop her. I don't care what you have to do."
"You've got it." I nod. "Good luck."
"Thanks." She smiles.
I leave the room, feeling an extreme sense of excitement and impatience. I can't wait to hold my sweet little niece. I push the thought aside though, knowing I can't show any sign of the baby coming or Hannah's crazy mom will try to go back there.
"Excuse us for just a moment." I say, pulling Tom away and out the door. He gives me a funny look as we step outside and I clap my hands together.
"Baby Rosie is on her way." I say.
"Oh shit! What are we suppose to do?" He asks.
"Wait." I shrug. "Could be a while."
"We could.. yanno." He grins and I slap his arm.
"We're not having car sex Tom!" I scold. "Besides my mum is going to be here soon. I can't look like I was fucked in the back of a car."
"Fine. You're no fun." He frowns. "But the shit you pulled in there is getting you punished later."
Now I'm the one to let my face fall into a frown.
"I was just talking to him." I say innocently.
"You know damn well that wasn't just talking."
The sounds of ambulance sirens from the other side of the hospital fills my ears, reminding me I've been here for almost eleven hours. I'm exhausted.
My phone dings and I check the text.
Mum: were headed there now!
"Come on, let's go inside and wait for my mum." I say.
After about twenty minutes my mum and Charlotte walk through the door, and I wave them over to where Tom and I are sitting, strategically away from Hannah's crazy mom and ridiculously hot older brother.
"How are they doing?" She asks.
"Pretty good, I think mostly just tired." I answer.
They sit down and my mum shoots Tom a smile.
"I hear you bought the old house." She says to him.
"I did." He nods. "Couldn't help myself."
"So, is my daughter going to be having a baby next?" She says and I choke on my drink.
"Mum, stop." I shake my head.
"What? It's a valid question." She shrugs.
"Mum you can't just ask stuff like that." Charlotte takes my side.
My mom scoffs, looking to Tom for some support, I swear to god if he engages in this-
"Well I think we'll want to get married first, but that'll come soon enough. Then a baby." He says.
Of course, he went there.
My mum and Tom chat about our future for what feels like ages while I mindlessly scroll through Instagram. My attention is torn away from my phone though when I see Haz walk into the waiting room, a less than happy look on his face.
"What's going on?" I ask, making everyone take notice of him.
"Rosie is having trouble breathing, they took her into surgery to clear whatever is going on. Hannah wanted you guys to know but I need to go back." He says, obviously distressed.
"Oh my god, well my baby needs me-" Hannah's mum starts.
"No she doesn't, she needs to be alone with Haz right now. We need to just give them their space." I say, making sure to do the one job Hannah gave me, which is keeping her wacko mother out of that room.
"I'll keep you guys updated"
______
It gets to be late, and Tom and I go to check in with Haz and Hannah before we go home to get some sleep. As we step into the room, I can tell just how upset Hannah truly is over all of this.
"Hey." I say softly as I sit next to her bed.
"Hi.." she says.
"How are you feeling?" I ask.
"It's just.. I haven't even gotten to hold her yet." She says with puffy, red eyes. "What if she dies before I get to hold her?"
"Rosie is not going to die." I say firmly.
There's a knock on the door, and it opens to reveal their doctor in a scrub cap, just out of surgery. Hannah sits up eagerly, ready to hear the news. I hold one of her hands, and Haz holds her other hand. I say a quick silent prayer that this will be good news, that my niece will be okay and get to live a long happy life.
"Rosie is just fine." The doctor says, and Haz lets out a sigh of relief, squeezing Hannah's hand.
"She's okay? Can we see her?" Hannah asks.
"We need to keep her in the nicu, And you can't see her until she's fully stabilized tomorrow. I'm sorry." The doctor apologizes. "But she's going to be fine, and if recovery goes well she will be ready to go home next week."
"That's wonderful.." Hannah smiles. "Thank you."
"Of course, I'm going to let you get some sleep."
The doctor leaves the room and I shoot Hannah a big smile.
"See? I told you she'd be okay." I say.
"Thank you both for being here. We appreciate it." Haz says.
"Of course." I say.
"Wouldn't miss it for the world, mate." Tom says.
"We're gonna go home, you get some sleep. You did amazing." I hug Hannah tightly, and she hugs me back.
"Bye guys." She waves as we leave the room.