•4•

I walk up the steps of the fraternity house, the party getting quieter and quieter as we make our way up. Now Toms rule number three comes to mind. Don't go anywhere secluded with anyone that isn't him. It's not like this is secluded though I mean.. it's right upstairs. It's not like I'm getting in his car or anything.
"Right around here is my room." He says, leading me down the hallway.
He opens the door, gesturing for me to walk inside. Okay.. this is a little secluded.
I hesitantly walk inside, and he follows in behind me, shutting the door. I look around the room, a typical frat boy room. Messy, and dark.
"So you don't mind missing out on the party?" I ask.
"You kidding? We have these every weekend." He says. "Besides, I think you're worth missing the party for."
"Yeah? Why's that?" I ask shyly.
"Because you're beautiful.." he says, his hand guiding down the side of my face. "I think you and I could have a lot of fun together."
The door bursts open, and I jump up when I see Tom walking in looking like he's about to loose it.
"The fuck do you think you're doing bringing her up here like this?" He asks Sutton.
"Nothing was happening Tom!" I say.
"Nothing was happening?" Sutton asks me and I shake my head.
"No. Obviously not." I laugh. How in the world did this guy I barely know think I was going to fuck him?!
"Savannah go get in the car." Tom says.
"But I-"
"Savannah I said go get in the fucking car." He says firmly, handing me his keys.
I sigh, taking the keys from his hand and leaving the room without another word. One thing I've learned is when Tom is mad, you really don't want to make him madder. Normally I push this because I find it fun but.. he might just be right this time. Sutton was going to try something.
I get into the passengers seat of the car, and wait a few minuets before I see him walking out to me.
"Rule number fucking three was not that hard Savannah!" He yells at me as he gets in the car, and starts it. He pulls out of the driveway, hand gripping the steering wheel tightly.
"Jesus Christ Tom I was just trying to have fun!" I defend myself.
"Do you not understand?! He was going to fuck you wether you wanted it or not! That's what frat guys do! Especially assholes like Sutton!" He says.
"Quit yelling at me!" I say.
We get to our apartment, and I take notice that Haz's car is gone. Great. Now he's not here to remediate it.
"No. Because obviously I have to yell at you to get anything through your god damn head." He says.
"I'm not your sister, I'm not your friend, we barely like each other. So stop trying to take care of me." I say, getting out of the car and going inside.
_____
I fell asleep pretty quickly last night after getting home from the party, but I wake up today really not wanting to get out of bed. Mostly because I don't want to see Tom. We get in little arguments all the time but last night was a true fight, and I don't want to fight with him again.
There's a knock on my bedroom door, and it opens. I feel relief when I see it's just Haz.
"Hey." I say, tying the laces of my shoes and stuffing my things into my bag.
"So I heard about last night." He says.
"I had no intention of hooking up with Sutton. I swear." I say. I know Haz is concerned about me getting caught up in more boy drama. He's already had to pick up my broken pieces so many times.
"Tom can be harsh.. I'm sure he made that obvious." He says.
"Yeah. He definitely did." I nod.
"But he really was just looking out for you." He says.
"I am nineteen years old. I don't need him to look out for me. I can take care of myself." I state. "He treated me like a child, Haz."
"Well to be fair, I would have done the same." He says. "Anyways, were about to leave and unless you want to drive yourself-"
"Go ahead. I'll go on my own." I say.
"Alright.." he sighs.
Haz stands up and leaves my room. I know he was hoping to smooth everything over, but I'm still just irritated with how Tom spoke to me last night. I'm sure he's not too happy about how I spoke to him either. We just need some space. Maybe moving in together wasn't the best idea.
After getting everything sorted, I grab my keys and head out to school.
_
I walk to my class, pulling out my laptop to take notes. A blonde girl sits down next to me, pulling her stuff out as well.
"Hey um.. did you go to that party last night?" She asks me.
Ah.. probably just another girl that's going to ask about Tom.
"Yeah." I nod.
"I thought I saw you." She says. "Is it just me or were those guys like.. kind of giving off scary kidnapper vibes?"
"Definitely wasn't just you." I laugh.
"I'm Hannah." She says.
"Savannah." I introduce myself.
Hm.. maybe not someone for Tom after all..
Class goes by quickly, and Hannah and I exchange numbers. Finally a potential friend. I walk out of the class and into the hallway with a few people talking about the assignment we have due this week.
"You seriously drove yourself to avoid me?" Tom says as he walks straight up to me, not caring that I have five people standing around me right now.
"Tom. Not the time or place." I say firmly.
He huffs, grabbing my arm and pulling me off to an empty room and shuts the door behind him.
"Dude! I was making friends!" I groan.
"I don't give a fuck. You can yell at me and throw a fit all you want but you don't get to avoid and ignore me." He says.
"Why? Do you enjoy fighting?" I ask sarcastically.
"Yes!" He exclaims. "It's better than you ignoring me!"
"Why do you care so much oh my god." I say. "I'm leaving. Just back off."
I step out, leaving him alone in the room. I don't know why he's suddenly acting like this. Why he suddenly cares about wether I like him or not.