•13•

So far the dinner has gone perfectly to plan. Hope is actually an amazing actor, and has pulled off the role of being Tom's girlfriend pretty well. I'm pretty sure Tom is starting to like her for real though.. I can't imagine the smiling and laughing is an act. It's real. They get along perfectly, much different from me and Tom, who can't go a day without bickering.
I have no reason to be jealous. Tom and I are just friends with benefits, and it's going to end sooner than I realize. I have no right to be jealous.
We sit around the living room drinking beers and chatting. Hannah and Haz have this natural connection, and they're absolutely adorable. I can totally see them together. Hanging out with Travis actually has been fun, although we just don't really connect like Haz thought we would. He's a little too quiet and shy.. I tend to lean more towards guys with strong personalities that are funny and energetic.
"I'm going to go get another beer." Travis says, getting up from the couch and going to the kitchen.
"I should get going.. early class." Hannah says.
"I'll walk you out." Haz says, and they stand to leave.
Now it's just me, Tom, and Hope.
"I seriously had so much fun." Hope says.
"I'm glad." Tom smiles.
"Maybe I could um.. see you again sometime?" She asks. "Like for real?"
I take this moment to excuse myself, not wanting to hear this conversation. It's the beginning of his new relationship, and the end of whatever we have going on. I walk into the kitchen to see Travis since he's the only other person in the house.
"Have fun?" I ask.
"Yeah." He nods. "But I will say, we definitely were the outsiders."
"Definitely." I laugh.
"Maybe you and I could get to know each other outside of the group.. just us." He says.
"You mean as friends.. right?" I ask.
"As whatever you want it to be. Need a friend? Cool. I'm your guy. Want to try something a little more? I'm down for that too. Whatever makes you comfortable." He says.
I hate it.
He's such a great guy. Cute, respectful, but all I could fucking think about is how Tom's about to ditch me for a hooker. Why am I like this?

•Tom's Pov•
After seeing Savannah get up and leave, I watch her walk into the kitchen and spark up a conversation with Travis.
"Hope I don't think I should see you again. I'm sorry." I say.
"That's okay." She nods. "I see why."
"Why's that?" I ask.
"The way you're looking at her." She smiles as we both look over to see Savannah laughing at whatever Travis is saying.
"It's not like that." I shake my head.
"It's not? Cause you're never gonna see me again. You can be honest." She says.
I turn to her, letting out a long breath.
"I'm just not sure anymore."
Everyone says their goodbyes and leaves, and my brain is stuck thinking about the obviously pleasant conversation between Savannah and Travis.
"Dude I love Hope she's so nice!" Haz says enthusiastically.
"Yeah she's great." I say plainly.
"I'm going to go to bed.. night guys." Savannah says with a small smile.
"Night." Haz says, and she starts walking down the hallway to her room.
"I need a shower." Haz comments, and heads to the bathroom.
I use the fifteen minute window of Haz's shower to go down to Sav's room, knocking on the door. She opens it, now changed into some cute lavender pajamas and her hair tied up messily. I feel a weirdly strong urge to just grab her face and kiss her, but I don't.
"Got a second?" I ask.
"Mhmm." She nods, opening the door wider to let me in.
I shut the door behind me and she sits criss cross on the bed.
"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" I ask.
"Nothin' just tired." She says.
"Is it about Hope?" I ask and she laughs.
"Why would I care about hope?" She asks. "Because she asked you out? I don't care.. we're just fucking anyways. I can find someone else to hook up with me."
Ah the classic Savannah coping mechanism. Acting like she doesn't give a shit about anything. She acts as if I haven't known her my whole life. This is what she does, but I'm not letting her do it with me.
"I think you do care." I say.
"I don't. Travis asked me out anyways so you can move on and so will I." She shrugs.
There she goes again. She's not scaring me away though, like she's done everyone else. Even if it is just sex.
"I said no." I say.
"What?"
"I said no. I sent Hope away. No connection with her ever again." I shake my head.
"But she was so pretty.. and nice." She says as if what I did was completely ridiculous.
"Yeah but.. I like what we have going." I say, sitting down next to her. "Don't you?"
"Yeah.." she says quietly, not used to someone actually having a conversation with her like this.
"Okay then." I nod. "I won't sleep with anyone else. That also means that you don't get to screw around with Travis though."
"I already told him I don't want anything more than friendship." She says.
"So you were trying to make me jealous hmm?" I ask and she laughs.
"Maybe just a tiny bit." She says.
Savannah's phone dings and she grabs it, checking the text. As soon as I see an eye roll out of her I grab the phone from her hands and look for myself. She has four unread texts from a guy named Henry. Who the fuck is this dude? Why are so many guys after her?
"Henry?" I question.
"Ex." She says. "He's probably just drunk or something."
"You seem to be really popular with the guys." I state.
"Yeah until they realize I won't give it up on the first date." She says, then looking up to me with a laugh.
"Well darlin I hate to break it to ya but I didn't even have to take you on a date." I laugh.
"Yeah but you're different! I don't have to worry about it turning into something." She says.
The weird, unnatural feeling of disappointment comes from the words she just spoke. It's not like I want a relationship or anything, but she completely just wrote it off like it could never happen. Didn't realize she was that set on never being more than friends with benefits. It's fine though.. I don't want more either.. I think.

A/N: Tom fake dating a hooker will forever be the best idea I've ever had😂