•39•

•Savannah's Pov•
A week passes, Tom and I have been house hunting every single day but there's nothing that has fit well with us. Our budget isn't amazing, and we just need a place that feels like a home. I've been stressing out about it.
On top of that, he's been acting really weird.. taking secretive phone calls. Leaving the house and not telling me where he's going. It's all just making me feel really insecure. I want to trust him but.. it's hard for me.
He told me he was going to the store with Haz, and everything in me is telling me to call Hannah and see if that's true, but on the other hand I know that's not fair to him. He deserves my trust. Yet I find myself reaching for my phone, and dialing Hannah's number.
"Hey." She answers.
"Hey um.. I have a weird question for you." I say.
"Okay shoot."
"Well, Tom said he was with Haz at the store, and I'm just wondering if that's true.." I trail off.
"Oh, well I don't want to worry you or anything, but Haz is on campus having a meeting about graduation." She says, and I feel my body go cold.
Now my worries have just become a lot more real.
"Oh god.." I breath out. "He's cheating on me isn't he?"
"Well don't instantly go to that, Sav." She says.
"He's had secret phone calls every day for the past four days, he's been leaving the house with no explanation, it's all too weird. Do you think it could be Andrea again?" I ask.
"I don't know.. maybe." She says. "Or maybe he's going to propose or something! You never know!"
"You don't think he'd lie again would you? It's not like I would stop him from visiting her.. I just want him to be honest." I sigh.
"Well why don't you just ask him?" She suggests.
She's right.. I can't expect him to be honest with me if I can't even be honest with him. I need to just ask him, and talk this through. I just hate confrontation, and that's all that's going to come from this if he's lying to me.
I hear the front door open and quickly tell Hannah that I have to go, hanging up the phone. Tom shoots me a smile, and I pat the couch next to me.
"Can we talk?" I ask.
"Course' sweetheart, what about?" He asks.
I take a deep breath, building up the courage to confront him. He gives me a concerned look, wondering what I'm about to say.
"Have you been seeing Andrea again?" I ask.
His brows scrunch together in confusion.
"What? No." He shakes his head.
"Well then I really need you to tell me what's going on with all these secret phone calls and trips." I say.
"There isn't any secret trips what do you mea-"
"Tom I know you weren't shopping with Haz." I blurt out. "I'm sorry for not trusting you but obviously I wasn't delusional because you lied.."
"Sav I'm sorry." He shakes his head. "I shouldn't have lied to you but it's definitely not what you think it is."
"Then what is it?" I ask, not happy with the confession that I was right, he has been keeping secrets.
"I wanted it to be a surprise but.." he trails off, reaching into his back pocket.
"Tom I swear to god if you propose to me." I warn, making him laugh.
"I'm not proposing, but thanks for the reassurance that you want to marry me." He says sarcastically.
"I'm sorry, you scared me, go on." I encourage.
He opens his hand, a silver key sitting in his palm. I give him a confused look, making him smile.
"I want to take you somewhere." He says.
"Okay.."
he takes my hand in his, and we walk out to the car. After getting inside he grabs his tie from the backseat, left there all this time from when we pulled the car over.
"Gotta blindfold you darlin." He says.
"Really? You have to?" I ask.
"Mhmm." He hums, putting the tie over my eyes and tying it behind my head. "You already ruined the surprise enough."
I pout, and I jump slightly when I feel his lips connect with mine.
"Stop pouting it's okay." He says.
The car drives for about fifteen or twenty minutes, and I can't imagine what he's surprising me with. I feel bad for accusing him of cheating.. it's time I realize that he is not just another Henry. He is Tom, and Tom isn't going to hurt me. He's the guy who hurts the boys who hurt me, he always has been. I can trust him, even if he is taking secretive phone calls. As the car comes to a stop I feel excitement rush through me, I love surprises.
"Alright Sav, just let me guide you." He says, helping me out of the car.
I hold his hands tightly as he guides me to where we need to go. He stops, and his hands leave mine before moving to the back of my head to take off the blindfold.
The darkness strays from my eyes, and as my sight adjusts to the brightness, I see what's in front of me.
"Welcome home, sweetheart." He smiles.
"Tom.." I gasp. "Did you- How did you-"
My eyes look over my childhood home, the sign on the yard covered with a red one saying sold. Tom holds the key up for me, and I shake my head at him.
"Tom how did you do this?" I ask.
"After talking down the price three times and convincing my mum to co-sign, it was pretty easy." He says.
So that's where he's been.. he's been talking with realtors. He's been sneaking off so he could get me my dream home.. the home that means the world to me.
"I love you." I say, practically jumping into his arms. He squeezes me tightly, pressing a kiss to my head.
"I love you too, sweet girl." He grins, letting me go. "Our first step together.. to the rest of our lives."
"And it's perfect." I say.
He hands me the key, and we walk up to the front door, unlocking it and walking inside. The feelings of my childhood rush through me as I look around. The scuff marks from Haz and I tossing our shoes aside in the entryway are still prominent to this day. Everything is exactly the same, as if no one has lived here since we left.
"You're the best boyfriend ever, Tom." I smile.
"Yeah I kind of am." He says cockily.
I grab his hand, walking through the house to look around further, and for the first time I feel like I can clearly see our future. No worries of the age difference, no worries of his past. Just me, him, and whatever happens next.

A/N: the way I'm planning the rest of this book is going to make it my longest one yet.. I'm talking like 65-70 chapters, you guys okay with that? Or do you want it to wrap up sooner?