•57•

A couple days have passed since I found out I was pregnant. We haven't told anyone else yet because we're worried of the backlash, not to mention we're leaving for our trip in two days so we want to wait until we get back. My mum has been talking with Tom's parents, and they're still not fully on board. They assume that Tom and I won't last, that something will split us again. Tom is angry with them, and I keep trying to tell him that it's okay, and that they will come around sooner or later, but he won't listen. I can't imagine how upsetting it must be for him to not have his parents support.
"I come baring Chinese food." He calls as he walks through the front door with a large bag of take out.
"Did you remember my potstickers this time?" I ask.
"Yes!" He says, proud of himself.
He sits down next to me, pulling all the food out to eat. I grab my chop sticks and eat a potsticker.
"So.. did you talk to them?" I ask.
"No." He says plainly.
"Tom! Your mum has been calling you for three days. It's time you talk to them." I encourage.
"I don't want to talk to people who think my relationship is going to end and act like this baby is unwanted." He states.
"Ignoring them isn't going to help." I say.
"Well.." he shrugs, taking a bite of his food. "They made this choice. Not me."
I sigh, leaving the conversation at that and continue eating my dinner. I hate that Tom's anger controls his actions so much..
After we eat, his phone rings and I grab it off of the table. The contact says it's his mum. I turn the screen to him so he can see, and he shakes his head.
"I'm answering it." I say.
"Don't." He says firmly.
"Hello, Nikki." I answer, earning a glare from Tom.
"Hi honey, is Tom available to talk?" She asks.
He shakes his head at me and I resist the urge to give him a sassy eye roll.
"He's right here." I say, handing him the phone.
"Seriously?!" He whisper yells at me.
"Yes. Talk to your mum." I say.
He takes the phone, and I already know we're probably going to have a fight about this later, but I can't let him ignore his mum. It's wrong. Normally I wouldn't interfere but it's my job as his girlfriend and mother of his child to make sure he doesn't make bad decisions in life, and disowning his family is one of those bad decisions.
"Hi." He says.
"Tom we need to talk, why don't you come over?" I hear her ask.
"I don't want to talk to you unless you're ready to accept the fact that Sav and I want a baby." He says.
I know this is hitting him so much harder now because he knows I'm pregnant. It's no longer a hypothetical baby that they're opposed to. It's a real baby, that exists.
"I just don't think you two are ready and if you would just talk to me you would understand-" she tries.
"You know what? Fine. We will talk. Savannah and I will be there first thing in the morning. Goodbye." He says, and hangs up the phone.
Well.. at least he agreed to talk to her.
"I know it's difficult." I sigh. "But getting angry at her will only make it worse."
"For the first time ever I feel like I'm on the right track in my life, and they are making it so fucking hard to be happy and content." He says. "I just want my baby to have loving grandparents, and know that they're wanted."
I smile, it all comes back to the baby. What he wants this baby's life to be like, and what he wants this baby to be around.
"You're going to be a good dad, Tom." I say.
He rests his head down on my lap, laying on his back.
"I just don't want to fuck it up." He breaths.
"You're not going to." I assure him, petting his hair.
We sit like that for a minuet, that is until I start to feel sick. Really sick.
"Tom get up." I say.
"Why? I'm snuggling you." He hums.
"Tom seriously get up." I say quickly.
He lifts his head, giving me a concerned look. I jump up from my seat on the couch and run to the bathroom, puking into the toilet. I cough, trying to catch my breath. Tom runs in, worry laced in his eyes.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
"I- oh god." I mutter, feeling it coming on again. "Get out."
Completely going against my request, he walks closer, grabbing my hair and pulling it back as I puke again. The last thing I want is for my boyfriend to see me throwing up, this isn't attractive. His other hand rubs my back comfortingly as my puking slowly comes to a stop.
"I think that food was bad or something." I groan.
"Sweetheart, I think you have morning sickness." He says.
"But.. it's evening." I whine and he laughs lightly.
"Morning sickness can happen at any time." He says.
"Well fuck.." I sigh.
"Cmon, lets go lay down. I'll get you some water and we can cuddle under the blankets and watch movies. Okay?" He says.
And this is why I love my boyfriend with my whole heart. He holds my hand, walking to back to our room. I sit down on the bed and he pulls out my favorite lavender silk pajamas, along with my favorite scrunchie to tie my hair back.
"Alright pretty girl, let's get you cozy." He says and I laugh. I change my clothes and he changes his so we are both in our pajamas. I turn on the tv, getting twilight on for the millionth time. I know Tom is absolutely sick of it, but it's my comfort movie, even if the acting is absolute shit.
"Alright c'mere." He says, laying on the bed and making grabby hands at me. Sometimes Tom can be as big of a baby as I am. I love it.
I crawl into his arms, resting my head against his chest. The sickness I feel in my stomach hasn't passed yet, but I'm definitely feeling a lot better here, In Tom's arms.
"Tommy." I say.
"Hmm?" He hums.
"I want you to really try to get along with your mum tomorrow." I say.
"If she says anything disrespectful to you I'm going to do something about it." He says firmly.
"She just doesn't realize what she's saying. We're going to change her mind, okay? Everything will be fine."
"I hope so." He says.

A/N: So here's my question:
Vampire Tom
Or
Ex boyfriend Tom
Or
CEO Haz
Lemme know, we're getting to the end of this book and I'll be planning my new one soon!