•44•

Two weeks later

Hannah and Haz got to bring home Rosalina almost a week ago, and Tom and I have been going over every day since. We truly can't get enough of her she's just so cute. We've been busting our asses the past few days trying to get everything unpacked in the new house, and keep up with school work, and make time for everything else in between. I can't imagine how Hannah is managing to do all of that, while taking care of a newborn baby. She's amazing. I wish I was as put together as she is.
"Take a break, come snuggle me." Tom says as I empty another box.
"Tommy we don't have time for snuggles." I say.
"Make time." He pouts.
It's hard to resist pouty Tom asking for snuggles because he's not super soft like this very often, and I'll take what I can get when he is. I drop the things in my hands, and walk over to the sofa to see my now happy boyfriend in his cozy sweats pants and pink sweatshirt. He pulls me down to lay with him, planting kisses all over my face.
"Why are you so happy?" I ask.
"Because I just texted Harrison that we would watch Rosie for a few hours so they could get some sleep." He says and my eyes widen.
"Tom!" I groan. "I haven't even baby proofed the house! And it's a mess!"
He laughs at me like I'm overreacting.
"Sweetheart you don't have to baby proof a house for a newborn. They can't crawl. You just have to keep an eye on them." He says.
"Oh.." I start. "How do you know so much about babies?"
"I'm the oldest remember? I watched all my brothers grow up." He answers.
God damnit he's going to be an amazing dad, and it gives me baby fever.
The doorbell rings and Tom gets up to go answer it.
"They're already here?!" I ask.
"Yeah we talked about it thirty minutes ago, didn't tell you cause I didn't want to give you time to freak out." He says nonchalantly as he opens the door.
Crazy how quickly I can go from loving him to hating him.
"Hey!" Tom says as he opens the door.
"Thank you so much for this, I just need a couple hours of sleep. She wakes me up every hour." Hannah says as she hands the car seat holding Rosie to Tom. "She's been having problems latching so bottles are fine. We're using them anyways. pre pumped milk is in the right side pocket, and she shouldn't be too much trouble, she just gets fussy when someone's not holding her."
"Don't worry, we've got this." Tom says.
"Have fun sleeping." I laugh.
"Believe me, we will." Haz says.
They say goodbye to Rosie, and leave. I shut the door and Tom carries her car seat over to the middle of the living room, and unbuckles her to pull her out.
"Hey there darling, how are you? Hmm?" He coos as he sits down, holding her in his arms. "First time at uncle Tom's, yay!"
Oh god the temptation to give this man a baby is almost unbearable. I sit down next to them, looking at my adorable little niece and her big blue eyes. She's still pretty small, but has gained a healthy amount of weight which everyone is so happy about.
"What's that?" He says, putting his ear closer to her as if she's talking to him. "You want a cousin? Well you'll have to ask auntie Sav about that."
I giggle at his silly words, and I take Rosie from his arms. I hold her close to me, and her eyes close as she starts to fall asleep again. Tom pulls out his phone and I raise my brow at him.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"Want a picture of our first time babysitting her." He states, putting on the front facing camera. I smile, and he snaps the photo.
"I want to keep holding you but I have a paper to write." I say to the little baby with a frown. In just a couple short weeks we will be on summer break and I'll get to spend as much time with her as I want.
I hand her back to Tom, who happily takes her into his arms with a smile and coddles her like she's his whole world. As I pull my laptop onto my lap to get started, I find myself not even able to focus. I'm far too focused on the beautiful sight in front of me.
"Tom." I say.
"Hmm?" He hums.
"You are going to make an amazing father one day." I say honestly.
"Think so?" He asks.
"Absolutely. You're already a natural."
"Well I think you'll make a pretty okay mum." He says and I raise my brow at him.
"A pretty okay mum?" I question.
"I think you're going to be a bit too overprotective, and you're probably going to bust them for drinking at 14 with their friends." He says.
"A fourteen year old doesn't need to be drinking!" I scold.
"See! You're going to be the hard ass and I'll be the fun parent." He laughs.
"Well if you're such a better parent than me, then you can change her diaper. She's definitely poopy." I say, grabbing a diaper out of the diaper bag and setting it next to him on the couch. He looks at it with wide eyes, almost fearful.
He gets everything set up, laying her blanket on the carpet and then laying her on top of it to change her dirty diaper. He gags a bit as he takes it off, and I laugh. This is so entertaining.
"How does such a small girl make such a big smelly poop?" He asks.
"And you're saying you want one of our own." I shake my head.
"Well it'd be worth it if we got to keep the baby but she's going home later." He says.
He finishes up the diaper process with no slip ups, I'm actually impressed. I highly doubt Haz is able to change her diapers that easily.
"Boom. I did it." He says proudly, holding Rosie up to show me the job he did.
"Good job, bub." I laugh.