•36•

I go home to get ready for mine and Tom's date. As I walk inside Hannah and Haz both look over to me with anticipation.
"So?!" She says.
I laugh, setting my bag down and hanging my jacket up.
"What?" I say.
"You were there for a while.." she trails off.
"And?" I say.
"Oh my god." Haz groans in annoyance. "Are you and Tom good again?"
A smile grows on my face, and Hannah squeals in excitement.
"We talked it through. We're going to try again." I say.
"Oh my god this is so exciting!" She says.
"I actually have to go get ready.. he's taking me out tonight." I say.
"I swear if this blows up again I'm going to-"
"Yes Haz, you're going to kill him. We get it." I laugh.
"Get out of here Haz I gotta help Sav get ready." Hannah says.
"Are you serious?" He laughs.
"Yes. Go." She says and his mouth drops.
"So you're just kicking me out?" He asks.
"What do I have to say it in another language?" She asks and I laugh.
"See ya later Haz." I wave as he gets up.
"You're making this up to me later." He says to Hannah and I make gag noises.
"Ew." I say, shutting the door on him.
Hannah helps me get ready, straightening my hair for me and doing my makeup. I love Hannah so much, I really appreciate her friendship. She's been there for me through everything that's happened these past six months, all while dealing with her pregnancy, and school. She truly is one of the best people I know.
"Just a little more blush." She says, swiping the brush across my cheeks. "Perfect."
I turn to face the mirror, my makeup and hair looking perfect.
"Thank you, Han." I say.
We hear the door downstairs open, and someone walking in.
"Hey sweetheart I'm here." Tom calls.
"Alright go get laid." Hannah says.
"Hannah!" I exclaim. "It's a date!"
"A date that will end with you getting laid! You haven't gotten any action in six months! Just go have fun!" She encourages, sending me out the bedroom door.
I walk down the stairs, seeing Tom waiting in the living room looking as wonderful as ever. He looks me up and down, a smile growing on his face.
"Stunning, darling." He compliments.
"Thank you." I smile.
"But.. you're going to want to trade those heels for some sneakers." He says, grabbing my white shoes by the door and handing them to me.
"Why? Where are we going?" I ask, sitting down on the couch to change my shoes.
"It's a surprise." He says.
I stand up, and he grabs my jacket and holds it up for me to slip my arms in. He pulls me into him, pressing a soft kiss to my lips and rests his forehead to mine.
"It feels so good to have you back." He mumbles.
"Awww"
Our heads lift up, seeing Hannah standing on the stairs watching us.
"Sorry!" She apologizes quickly. "I'm just happy you two are back together."
"Not as happy as I am." Tom says.
"Have fun guys!"
___
Tom pulls the car up to mine and Haz's childhood home. I raise my brow at him, wondering why we're here. Not only is it not our house anymore, but it's late. This is a bit weird.
"We are having a picnic in your old treehouse." He says.
"Tom we can't do that! What if they catch us!" I laugh.
"It's empty, the house has been on the market for three weeks." He assures me and I shake my head at him.
"What if the neighbors see us and call the cops or something?" I ask.
"Just have a little fun for once, Sav!" He encourages.
Well.. if no one lives here I guess it's okay. I really would love to see the old tree house.
"Okay." I agree and he smiles.
"Perfect, let's go."
He carries the picnic basket as I hop the fence, unlocking it to let him in the backyard. Ive never felt so weird in my life, I don't do stuff like this. I just hope the neighbors don't catch us.
I look around the backyard, seeing the tire swing still hanging from the tree. I loved this place. It's where I first met Tom. I remember that day perfectly. I was seven, and Haz brought Tom over after school. I thought he was so cute, and got a big crush. Of course I did anything and everything I could to get his attention, that's what seven year old girls do when they get a crush.
"Remember when I pushed you so hard on the tire swing that you fell off?" He laughs at the memory, that I don't find too funny.
"Not funny! I almost broke my arm!" I scold.
"Don't be dramatic, you did not." He scoffs, pulling through ladder down to the tree house.
"I'm not being dramatic!" I groan.
"You're always dramatic, sweetheart." He says.
I climb the ladder to the top, and Tom hands me the basket. I set it at my side and look around the tree house with my phone flashlight, it's just the same, but has obviously not been used in years. I miss my childhood, and hiding up here with Haz from Charlotte or our parents. This was my hiding place.
"I have candles in the basket." Tom says, opening it up and pulling out a small blanket to lay down and some candles. He's so cute, and this is so thoughtful.
As the warm light from the two candles brightens up the treehouse, I turn off my phone flashlight, and sit with my legs crossed.
"Okay, you know I suck at this shit so Sam made the food." He explains as he pulls everything out.
"I don't care who made the food." I shake my head. "This whole idea is so romantic Tom."
"I'm glad you think so, I was nervous." He laughs.
"Why were you nervous?" I ask.
"Because this is my first real date." He says and my heart melts a little bit.
He's right. Not only is it our first real date together, but it's his first real date at all. He's never planned a date before, until now.
"Well you did perfectly." I say.
"To be honest, I dreamt this date." He says.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"When we were broken up I kept dreaming about this place, then I had a dream I brought you here for a picnic. I really liked that dream.. so I knew as soon as I got you back we had to do it."
Oh my god.. he dreamed this? How cute is that. I really do think, even through all the shit that has happened, that Tom is my soulmate.