Chapter 10: Bumping Into Him

Before I can protest, I am ushered into the club and bombarded by the pounding music and flashing lights.

What the actual hell? First of all, why is Mr Govanni here? And second of all, what the fuck just happened?

The man in the black suit guides me through the crowd of bodies jumping to the music. Luckily, I'm a regular customer and know my way around here. Like a snake, I slip away from the man through the crowd, instantly disappearing from his sight.

Take that Mr Giovanni, you weirdo!

Now I just have to find Alice, which won't be that hard considering she's always serving at the bar. Uncomfortably shifting through everyone, I quickly find myself plonking down on one of the bar stools face to face with Alice.

"Damn, how did you get in?" She shouts over the music. Wow, so she knew that they were only taking people on the list the whole time, and didn't tell me? What a great friend.

"Ummm, some dude let me in." I say, ignoring the fact that it was Matteo Giovanni, the big time celebrity who i didn't even know was a celebrity until i was humiliated all over social media.

"Right, I'm not even going to ask." She says with a tell tale smirk across her painted red lips. Alice is about my height, and the same age as me, yet infinitely prettier. And i'm not just saying that, i know i look good, i'm not blind, but Alice is really good looking.

Her blonde hair is tossed into a messy bun, leaving strands framing her perfectly symmetrical face. Her eyes are a deep blue, like diamonds, and she has a pale complexion to rival snow white. Tonight she's wearing her 'uniform' which is a tight, short royal blue dress that does everything it can to accentuate all of her assets.

"So, now that you're here, it's time to spill all the details." Her smirk continues to curl.

"Alice, it was nothing. I was just out with a family friend and bumped into him on the way to the bathroom." I say, leaving out the part where he gave me a job.

"You bumped into him alright."

"Shut up."

"Want anything to drink? You look like you need it." She says. Sometimes she can be so blunt. I think that's why i'm friends with her.

"Yes please." I watch as Alice begins to make a Pina Colada. Yes I know, I'm basic.

Poking the umbrella into the glass, she hands the drink to me and I greedily snatch it from her hands taking a sip. I begin to down it as I notice the man in the suit approaching me with eyes that look like they want to cut me in half.

"I'm just going to go to the bathroom." I tell Alice as she serves another customer.

Quickly, I slip back into the crowd, one again the man is out of sight. Well, that was easy.

Taking a few steps backwards, I hit a wall. Slowly turning around, I promptly realised that it was not a wall, but a very tall, buff man who looked like he could break me in half at any moment. "Sorry." I mumble, about to walk away, but his hand grabs a hold of me, in an iron-grip.

"Mr Giovanni is waiting for you." The man grunts as he begins to drag me through the club. Great, i'm guessing he has stupid eyes everywhere!

"I was just about to leave." I say. "I don't need to see Mr Giovanni."

My attempts at trying to escape are futile, and I give into my fate, letting the buff man drag me to wherever we are going. Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to tell him I no longer want to accept his job offer...

Soon we are going up stairs into a dark hallway illuminated by rustic looking lights that hang from the ceiling, we pass many doors until we finally stop at one at the end of the hall. I've never been to this part of the club before, this must be the private rooms they rent out...

The man opens the door, shoving me in before closing it.

It takes me a few seconds to adjust to the strange red lighting within the room, and once i do, i wish i hadn't.

The room is large, occupied by at least twenty people. Most of which are men in business suits who are sitting in chairs watching as almost naked women dance on poles in front of them. I even see some men doing lines of white powder. I don't need to guess to know what that is.

Taking a few steps back, I hit the door and turn around only to realise it is in fact not a door. Why do I keep doing this?

I look up to meet the cold gaze of Mr Giovanni glaring down at me.

"Why is it that we keep bumping into each other like this?" He asks, a dangerous smirk appearing on his lips.

"Well, i wouldn't say we bumped into each other when i was literally dragged up here by one of your men." I hiss, not even trying to hide the annoyance that is clearly present in my voice.

He chuckles.

"Actually, it's a good thing you brought me here, because I've decided that i no longer wish to work for you, Mr Giovanni." I say, no remorse present in my words.

Satisfied, I watch as his smile falls and quickly is replaced with a frown. "Didn't i tell you to call me Matteo?" He asks, despite the questions so clearly being rhetorical.

"I think it's better if we stick to a last name basis, don't you think, Mr Giovanni?" I say, taking a step back from this gorgeous man before I change my mind about the job.

"I wasn't asking." He growls, taking a step forward.

"What makes you think i'm going to do what you say?" I ask.

"I am very persuasive."

Moments pass by as we stare each other down, and finally I grow the nerve to shut this conversation down.

"Well if there's nothing else you'd like to discuss, i'll be on my way." I attempt to walk past him to the door, but he steps to the side blocking my way. I look up at his face and he stares like a predator looking at his prey.

"Why don't you want the job, Mia?" He asks, his voice so deep that it almost blends into the thrum of music from downstairs.

I chew on my lip nervously, intimidated by his change in demeanour.

"I don't want to be dragged into your whole celebrity world. I saw the articles, and i much prefer not to be known as Matteo Giovanni's play thing." My voice is bitter, and I almost feel bad. Almost.

"The media talk, it's what they do. Don't let that interfere with this job opportunity, it's a once in a lifetime chance, Mia." The way he says my name makes my insides curl. My body is betraying my mind.

"Mr Giovanni, there is nothing more i would like to say."

His face is still stone, unwavering, and for a second, I feel like he might just shoot me on the spot.

"I understand." He says cooly, stepping away from the exit.

I don't waste any time in leaving, brushing past his shoulder, I almost miss the words that slip from his mouth. But i don't, as much as i wish i had.

"I'll have you soon."

-------------------------------------------------------
Yoooooooo,
IT'S GETTING HOT UP IN HERE!!!!! Hope you're enjoying the story so far!!!! Thank you for reading, you have no idea how amazing it is for me to see that people are actually reading my story!
-FoggyCloudyWords