Chapter 56: The Beginning Of The End

Rain (Alice) POV:

One month earlier...

"Wakie wakie Rain." A voice coos beyond the haze of consciousness.

I let out a slurred sound as I try to force myself out of the sleep I've been trapped in for I have no idea how long. Prying my eyes open, I'm met with the silhouette of a male figure. Surrounded by darkness, I try to decipher where I am, but I have no idea.

Where was I before now?

I was at home and Harry was with me... I had seen his texts.

What do you want with her?

And then, I confronted him, I asked him if he knew where Mia was, and then he hit me on the head.

That fucking prick!

"Awwww there you go. How are you feeling, need some ice?" Harry asks, a condescending tone lacing his voice. His face becomes clear and I'm stuck staring at those cold blue eyes. Their burn into me like dry ice. How the fuck could I have let this happen? How have I been so blind?

"You've known all along..." I mumble, averting my eyes from his.

"Of course, do you think anything ever happens without my knowledge?" He questions, standing from the crouched position he had been in seconds ago. "I have to admit, it was difficult trying to keep everything from you... You've always been nosy, always wanting to get into other people's business. I'm surprised it took this long for you to find out."

"How?" I choke out. "How could you do this?"

"I mean, how did you think that we hadn't found any clues? Even after weeks of searching for Mia?" Harry continues on, ignoring my question. "I love you to bits Rain, but your stupidity knows no bounds." He laughs.

My fists itch to connect with his jaw, but as I try to move them, I realise I'm bound to the chair I'm sitting in, my legs too. Of course.

"You... You are horrible." I state.

"No, it's just called getting what I deserve. That bitch is going to get what's coming to her."

"What has she done to you?" I sputter. "She's never even fucking met you!"

"Oh my little rain..." He crouches down in front of me once again, slipping the pad of his thumb beneath my chin. "That's just it."

"I swear when I can get my hands on you, you are going to regret even even thinking ill of her."

Harry just laughs and closes the distance between our lips, pressing his against mine. He roughly tries to gain access into my mouth, but I don't budge and keep my mouth shut.

"That's why I love you, always so feisty." He mumbles, pulling away. "I mean, you can try and get your hands on me, though I can very confidently say that you won't do much damage."

"Fuck you." I say, then spitting right on his face. His face scrunches up as he gingerly wipes the spit away with the back of his hand.

My brain is still trying to wrap around how the fuck this has all happened. How long has Harry been planning this?

"But who... Who has Mia then?" I ask. Where has she been all this time?

"None other than Mr Matteo Giovanni." Harry smiles.

"But... Why--How?" Why does Matteo have Mia, that doesn't make any sense...

"It was quite lucky actually, he took a liking to Mia and from there, I worked my way around things. Don't worry your pretty little head though, she's quite alright... Actually, she's more than alright at the moment. She'll be free soon... Though I can't guarantee she'll be alive for much longer after that."