Chapter 12: Kidnapped

When i began to emerge from the darkness, i wasn't confused as to where i was, or what happened. Not like in the books or the movies or TV shows. I knew exactly what had happened. How could I forget that man pointing a gun at Alice's head?

It was permanently etched into my brain.

While I was aware of the how, the where was a bit hazy.

I look around the unfamiliar room. I lay in a large bed with black sheets covering my body. Checking if i was still dressed was the first thing i had done, and thankfully i was.

The whole room is dark and cold. Thick black curtains keep the morning sun from entering the space, making it seem even more disconnected from the world. I can't even see the edges of the room, that's how dark it is.

"How are you feeling?" A familiar deep voice asks from the edge of the room.

I jump back, pressing my back against the headboard of the bed. "What the fuck do you want." I spit in the person's direction. I am going to make this person's life hell. When my Dad finds out about this, he's so going to kill whoever this is.

"Such violent words coming from such an angelic face. I don't appreciate that language, you won't speak like that from now on." The man's voice is calm and collected. So familiar... If i get him to speak a bit more, i'll probably be able to work it out.

I laugh. "You can't tell me what to do. You don't own me you sick-"

"Ah ah ah. What did i just say?" Just as it finally clicks in my brain, the man steps out from the darkness, right into my line of sight. Every inch of my body runs cold, and I feel like I'm going to puke.

Matteo Giovanni.

This man has something coming for him.

"What the hell do you want?" I yell, standing up on the bed, having the high ground if he were to come any closer.

He gives me one of his signature, drop-dead gorgeous smiles. Damn it, why does he have this strange effect on me that makes my legs turn to spaghetti? "I want you Mia." He purrs.

"Too bad," I say, "you can't have me."

"Oh but my dear Mia, I already do. You are on my bed, in my bedroom."

I scoff, and jump from the bed to the opposite side, further away from him. "That's ridiculous. Just because I'm in your bedroom, doesn't give you possession over me."

He takes a step towards the bed. "You are at my mercy Mia. I think that means I own you."

"Fuck you. Let me out of here you bastard. You have no right to kidnap and threaten me." I hiss, slowly walking towards the curtain and towards the window where I might be able to glimpse my outside surroundings.

"Mia, you will in time, come to understand that I don't follow the rules."

"People will come looking for me-"

"Do you not think i did a background check on all your friends and family?" He says.

Oh no. Does he know who i am, is that why he took me? But no one would be stupid enough to take Roman Marino's daughter. He is no longer leader of the Italian Mafia, but he is still feared across the world.

"I know that your mother is the only family you have connections with. And she is all the way in Australia. And your little friend Alice--your only friend in New York, believes that you up and left."

"You didn't." I say, chewing on my lower lip. Part of me is relieved that he doesn't know who I truly am. Maybe if i were to tell him, he would let me go? Or maybe he would just use me to get to my Dad. I probably shouldn't tell him.

But if Matteo doesn't know who I am, then why has he kidnapped me?

"Oh, but I did. No one is coming for you Mia. You're all alone." His smile turns into a devious grin. He thinks he's won. If he only knew the length my father will go to find me, he wouldn't be as happy as he is now. I was actually meant to call him last night, and I never missed a call. He'll already be getting suspicious.

"I'm not going to be staying long." I say, gritting my teeth. I quickly move the curtain and take a peek of the bright outdoors, staring into the large garden ahead of me. It looks like a bloody maze.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that Mia."

"Scapperò, coglione." (I'll run away, asshole.) I mumble more to myself, but he replies instantly.

"Allora ti troverò. E io ti punirò." (Then I'll find you. And I will punish you.) His face is as unreadable as ever, and i can't tell if he is being serious or not.

"You will take a shower and come down for breakfast. Be down in half an hour." He says before turning to leave the room.

"I'm not doing anything you tell me to, stronzo." (Asshole.) I retort.

"So we're giving nicknames now, Principessa?" (Princess.)

I can feel myself fuming, and before I know it, I'm racing towards him. He doesn't seem at all fazed, well at least not until i raise my fist at his pretty face, hitting him hard on the nose.

"Cagna." (Bitch.) He groans, stumbling backwards. Next, I knee him in the groin, listening to the sweet sound of his cries of pain. I Can't deny I enjoy the sounds of others in pain, especially if the said person is my kidnapper, hell bent on owning me.

As he falls onto the ground, I quickly race towards the door, opening it, surprised that it's not locked. I don't wait to bolt from the room down a white hallway illuminated by skylights above.

"Mia!" I hear Matteo scream behind me.

He really thought I wasn't going to put up a fight.

I quickly see what looks to be an extremely large living room. I don't take in the details though, as i spot the front door and make a run for it. My hand grip onto the handle and I'm greeted by the cool morning breeze.

And it's that one second I take to breathe in the fresh air that costs me my escape.

His hands grab my waist, yanking me inside. "That's punishment number three." He whispers into my ear.

That's when I finally let myself scream.
-------------------------------------------------------
More and more people are reading my story each day and i am so grateful! Thank you so much for choosing to read my book!