Chapter 14: Shipment Awry

Matteo Giovanni POV:

Getting into my car, I slam the door behind me, infuriated that I have to leave Mia behind. After finally having her, finally feeling her soft supple skin against mine, I have to go and deal with a bunch of idiots who can't even deal with a shipment.

What am I paying them for?

"Give me the details, Red, and it better be worth my time." I growl to Red who has sat in the seat beside me. When he came into the room, interrupting Mia and I, I knew whatever he was about to say was serious. Despite their sometimes lack of competence, my men never drag me into something unless it's absolutely necessary, especially Red.

And that only makes me angrier, because now i have a problem that needs to be dealt with.

"Sir, one of our cocaine shipments has been intercepted at the docks. We managed to subdue one of the men, but the rest either got away or were killed in the crossfire."

I clench my eyes shut and take in a deep breath. I can already feel the oncoming headache. "Who exactly do you suspect this to be?" I ask.

"We think it may be Valentino's men." Red says as the car begins to pull away from my house, exiting the large gates.

"I am going to kill that man." I mumble.

Within half an hour, we've reached the docks and I'm getting out of the car. I let the driver know to be ready to leave within five minutes. I need to get back to my dearest Mia.

I follow Red to where my men are keeping the man.

The air is cold, and the sun is beginning to set. The orange hues blend into the blue sky, reflecting over the water. The docks would be quite beautiful if it weren't for all the ugly things happening in them.

We enter a large warehouse, and I'm instantly met with the metallic smell of blood. It stains the air, permeating within the enclosed surface. To my left I stare at the pile of five or six dead bodies stacked on top of each other, and beside them a pile of guns.

In the centre of the room is a man bloodied and bruised, kneeling on the concrete floor, surrounded by at least twelve of my men, who looks highly sophisticated in their suits, compared to this man who wears just jeans and a t-shirt.

I walk over to the man and bend down to his level. He looks up at me, fear lining his eyes. Their bloodshot, and his face is beaten beyond recognition. He's young, maybe twenty, or even nineteen.

"What did you and your men want with all of my cocaine?" I ask.

The boy grits his teeth and looks away from me. Coward.

"I asked you a question, I expect an answer. Or i can just beat it out of you, it's your choice..." I whisper, just loud enough for him to hear.

"I will tell you nothing." He spits at me, and I'm surprised at his strong British accent. That rules out Valentino, he only works with his fellow Italians.

Who stole my cocaine then?

My brain rakes through all of the British men I know, but nothing seems to quite scream suspect. The British Mafia wouldn't bother with stealing what's mine, we are on good terms, so that wouldn't make sense. Maybe this is just a gang incident, some kids who foolishly thought they could steal from me.

"Who's your leader?" I ask.

The kid doesn't speak.

The warehouse is hot, and the smell is beginning to get ten times worse. I honestly can't spend another second here trying to get this boy to speak, and I just want to go home to Mia.

"It looks like it's your lucky day." I grin.

The boy looks up at me with wide, fearful eyes.

"You're coming back with me."

I leave the warehouse, relieved at the smell of fresh air that hits my nose. My men make quick work of tying the boy up and putting a bag over his head. Half my men head to their cars, while the other half stay to clean up the bodies.

Finally, I can go home and see Mia.

Mia Jones POV:

It's been over an hour and I am already extremely bored. I've looked at every possible place within this room that i could escape from, and found nothing. There are no doors leading outside, and the only two doors within the room, besides the one leading outside, is the bathroom and the closet.

The closet scared me indefinitely, it was filled with not only men's clothes, but also women's. And all the clothes were in my size. As soon as I had seen that, I had stumbled from the closet and kept away from there for the rest of the time I've been in here.

I had tried the windows even. I had taken back the large curtains to reveal the largest garden I had ever seen. It was filled with colourful bushes of flowers and hedges that separated a little area that was closed off from the rest of the garden, hiding seats and a table.

Beyond the garden are paddocks of grassland, and beyond that, trees as far as the eyes can see.

It was only a one story drop from the window, so of course I tried to smash it, with the end of a lamp. But as soon as i had tried, i knew it was useless. I also knew that it wouldn't work, because despite the loud sound the banging made, the guard didn't come in to stop me, which means he even knows it's useless.

So now here I am, lying on the couch by the side of the bedroom, not wanting to step foot back on Matteo's bed.

Dad better find me soon. I don't even want to know what Matteo means when he says' punishment number three'. What else had I done to piss him off? And how is he going to punish me?

It still hasn't fully sunk in that I've been kidnapped. I've always had the threat looming over my head, but I never thought it would really happen. And now look at me!

I just hope that Matteo doesn't come back any time soon, because i don't know how i'll react when he tries to do something. I can still feel his phantom hand hitting my but. I mean, yes, the man is hot, i gotta give him that.

But I am not going to forget all of my morals and submit to this man.

Not even if it means that i'll come out of this badly beaten.

Or dead.

-------------------------------------------------------
So may people are reading my story, like what?!?
Anyway, i hope you enjoyed this chapter!
-FoggyCloudyWords