Part 1

I glared at the white-blonde haired boy sat in front of me. Every year since we started at Hogwarts, the one and only Draco Malfoy had taken it upon himself to make my life miserable, from the minute we stepped foot onto the train. You would think now that we were heading to our sixth year, he would have grown up a bit yet here he was sat throwing crumpled up bits of paper at me while I tried to read my book.

"Do you mind?" I said, picking the bits of paper out of my hair.

"No, I don't actually," he replied, smirking at me.

"Why can't you go sit with your little minions and bother them instead."

"Because Olivia, it's funny watching you get so wound up." He shrugged as he threw another bit of paper at me. I waved my wand, sending all the little bits of paper right back at him causing him to let out a high-pitched yelp. He made a vulgar gesture at me as I let out a harsh laugh.

"You'll pay for that. Better watch your back, Dagon," he said with a glare, which only made me laugh harder.

"If you say so, Malfoy," I sighed, picking my book back up. I hated the boy with a passion but with us both being in the same house and on the quidditch team it meant we spent an unfortunate amount of time around each other. If he wasn't such a pretentious prick all the time, we probably would have been great friends.

I glanced at him from across the carriage, he'd grown again. In our first year I was a full head taller than him and now I barely reached his shoulders. He was by no means unattractive and in fact I'd had a huge crush on him for the first three years of Hogwarts until I realised how nasty he was and now all we did was fight. Watching him from where I sat, I could see the dark circles that had formed under his eyes, and he'd seemed to have lost the spark in his face. I just shook my head and turned away from him, I didn't care, and it wasn't my problem.

~

I sauntered into the great hall and headed towards the Slytherin table. I was in a foul mood, knowing what I was going to have to face this year and the little food I'd eaten during the journey here. I glared at two scrawny second years who were sat in my seat until they shuffled away with their heads down. I huffed as I sat myself down opposite my best friend, Lola, who only laughed and rolled her eyes at me.

"You know Liv, you could have just asked them to move. You're intimidating enough without the dirty looks. Everyone in the school knows how powerful you are," Lola said, clearly unbothered by my mood.

"Yes, but where would the fun in that be," I replied, smirking as I stuck two fingers up at her. We've been best friends since our first class together in first year, she was one of the few people who wasn't threatened by me - mainly because she was twice as scary as me. She was always there for me through everything, she even stuck up for me to my parents when I came out as bisexual and I had spent last summer with her family when they kicked me out of the house.

"Eat something before you bite my head off too," she said shoving a huge plate of food in front of my face and I smiled at her gratefully, shovelling as much as I could into my mouth.

"Oi, Dagon, I heard Mia cheated on you and dumped you this summer!" Crabbe shouted from a few seats down, Goyle snickering along beside him.

"And what about it Crabbe?" I shot back, my mood worsening at the sight of them both.

"He's just saying," Goyle added, "imagine how pathetic you must feel getting cheated on by some filthy mudblood Ravenclaw"

"Fuck off, you gits!" I spat, reaching for my wand that was tucked down the inside of my boot.

"Olivia!" Lola warned as she gripped my hand, lowering my wand.

"Don't." I said, glaring at her.

"They're not worth it," she said softly. I looked over at them both who were still snickering as they told Draco what they'd just said as if it was the funniest thing ever. I rolled my eyes and stood up before I could even see Draco's response.

"You can't leave, Liv!" Lola hissed as I turned to walk away, "Dumbledore hasn't done his speech yet."

"Just watch me." I said as I stormed out the great hall into the Slytherin dorm and collapsed onto the sofa.

2 minutes later I heard to common room door open and then close again followed by the smell of expensive cologne and mint filling the air.

"If you don't keep your bloody minions in better check Malfoy, I will not hesitate from hexing them again." I said without looking up.

"I highly encourage that you do," he chuckled "I'm surprised Crabbe had the balls to say that to you after the pig tail you gave him last year." I laughed with him, remembering the last time I'd lost my temper around the three of them. "I am sorry about Mia though Olivia, I always thought you could do better than that dirty mud blood for what it's worth anyway."

"Whatever, I've had all summer to move on and get over her, so I don't care anymore. I just hate that other people knowing my business. Especially those two gits!" I spat, sitting up to look at him. He was shuffling on his feet, his hands shoved deep in his pockets, clearly uncomfortable as he refused to make eye contact with me but he still had an air of dominance that surrounded him. "Malfoy if you don't say something mean to be right now, I will have to punch you. I need at least one thing to stay normal this year."

"Seems a bit harsh even for me to kick you when you're already down," he said, ducking as I chucked a cushion at him. "Well, now I know you're okay I'm going back to the great hall to finish my food." He stuck his middle finger up at me, his eyes twinkling as he laughed before walking out and leaving me on my own. I blinked in shock over what had just happened, maybe Draco had finally matured enough to be a decent person.