Part 28

"So, Draco's back and is completely fine by the way" I said, gritting my teeth as I sat down between Lola, Neville and Seamus in the room of requirement.

"What?" They all replied simultaneously.

"Surely that's a good thing, why do you look like you're about to murder someone?" Lola added.

"He called me a 'psycho' for worrying about him so much!" I exasperated.

"Well..." Lola replied with a smirk as she laughed at me and I shot her a glare. "I'm kidding, you're definitely not psycho. Not to defend Draco because, that was totally uncalled for but, do you think maybe something happened during Easter and that's why he's being like that?"

"I don't know, it's just bullshit" I sighed. Neville placed a comforting hand on my back, and I leaned into his touch. "I'm going to try and get some sleep; I can worry about it all tomorrow."

"Night, we love you" they all called after me as I dragged my heavy body to my cot at the other end of the room. I didn't sleep though, despite the tiredness that permanently plagued my body, sleep felt a million miles away. My brain just churned up more and more things to worry about, it was never ending.

~

"Talk." I demanded, folding my arms across my chest as leant backwards against Draco's dresser in his room. I'd purposely stopped myself from sitting across from him on his bed because I wanted to be on my guard, ready to walk away if he started shouting at me again - I was not going to let that happen more than once.

"What do you want me to say?" he replied, smirking lazily at me as he stretched out across his bed.

"I will leave. If you want to sort this out, then talk. Tell me what's going on inside your head, tell me where the hell you were!"

"Okay fine, chill." He rolled his eyes but sat up a little straighter as he began telling his story. "Potter was there, as well as Granger and that Weasley boy." My head snapped up and I studied his face. He was being deadly serious. "Obviously, my family took that as an opportunity to get back into His Dark Lord's good books only Potter's face was all messed up from a spell, so they asked me to make sure it was definitely him before they handed him over." I blinked in surprise. Shit, it was bad.

"And did you?"

He shook his head. "No, I couldn't do it. I lied, told my aunt and father that I couldn't be sure, but it didn't matter because the spell wore off and they all saw him anyway."

"Wait, what?" I pushed myself upright off the dresser, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Yeah so everything turned into a bit of a mess, I watched my aunt torture poor Granger. God I still hear her screams every time I close my eyes" he shook his head in an attempt to get rid of the thoughts, but I could still see the pain in his eyes as he carried on talking. "By the time my father had called The Dark Lord, they'd all managed to escape, with my wand I might add, so when he turned up and we had nothing to show him, it's fair to say he was not happy with us."

"Oh my god, are you okay? Shit Draco, I'm sorry! What do you mean they took your wand?" I walked over to him, perching myself down on the edge of his bed.

"I don't know Olivia. I don't think I've been okay for a long time but I'm getting there. Potter stole my wand, mum gave me hers but it's just not the same" he said quietly, holding up an unfamiliar wand to show me. I gave him a small smile, not quite knowing what to say. "I'm sorry for yelling at you yesterday, I didn't mean any of it"

"I know, I'm sorry too." I sighed

"Your turn then, where have you been?" he said, his usual smirk returning to his face.

"McGonagall thought it might be safer for me, Lola and Rory to move into the room of requirement with Neville and Seamus and everyone. Especially given the track record I have with the Carrows, I feel like I have a death warrant looming over my head."

His eyes darkened as he took in my words. "So, I was right, you were with Neville? I fucking knew it! And not only that, you're staying with him! What a joke Olivia" he spat, clenching his jaw.

"Get fucked Draco if that's how you're going to be, I'm not doing this again. Neville is my friend; I don't care about anyone else the way I care about you and I never will! why can't you understand that!" I jumped up from his bed and headed for his door, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Liv wait, I'm sorry! Don't go, please" he spoke so quietly, not daring to look in my eyes.

"And you had the nerve to call me psycho" I scoffed, sitting down again. He cringed away at the irony of everything he had said to me last night. "You can't keep behaving like this, it's not healthy."

"I know, I really am sorry." He pouted at me and I rolled my eyes, laughing at the sight of his poor attempt at puppy dog eyes. "Come on then, tell me what else you were up to while I've been gone"

I curled up into his side, I'd missed his company so much. As toxic as it was, I loved seeing Draco being jealous and arguing with me over stupid things, it was one of the few ways I actually knew he cared about me. Maybe I was a little bit psycho though, to be addicted to such an unhealthy relationship. The arguing and the fights, although exhausting and draining, I couldn't imagine being with Draco without them. It was what made it so exciting half the time, not knowing what to expect. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I told him about the Animagus spell I had decided to do, and everything I'd been learning with McGonagall. I told him stories about the funny things Rory had said to me that he'd missed. He lied there, holding me tight, laughing at my jokes as he let me talk for hours and hours. He was my home.

"Please don't ever leave me again" I whispered as he nuzzled into my neck.

"Never again, I swear it" he said.