Part 31

~ Draco's POV ~

I straightened out my suit as I stepped out of the dorms. My mother's wand still felt weird in my hands, it just didn't respond to me the same way my own did, which was why getting my own back from Potter was now top of my to do list now I knew for certain he was back at Hogwarts. Shaking my head, I carried on walking up the stairs when a group of screaming, hysterical students ran past me. I frowned and looked in the direction to where they had come from and saw Goyle and Blaise run past me, equally as hysterical.

"What the...?" I mumbled to myself and apparated towards them in the hallway, grabbing onto the back of their jumpers before apparating the three of us outside to the courtyard.

Goyle was still screaming when I let go of him, wand held up in his shaking hand.

"Put that away before you hurt yourself," I hissed, looking him up and down, "and stop screaming too, you sound like a little girl."

"Oh Draco, thank god it's just you!" He sighed, pressing a hand to his chest while he tried to catch his breath. "I thought you were Lord Voldemort coming to take me away."

"What the hell would he want with you?" I asked

"I don't know, anything!"

"Trust me, you're safe from him if that's what you're most worried about" I snorted as he frowned at me.

"Whose wand is that? It's not yours!" Blaise chimed in.

"It's my mother's" I spat, "Potter stole mine and I need your help getting it back from him."

Evil smirks spread across their faces as they agreed to help me, and we made our way through all the rubble that now lied in the courtyard to where we knew Potter would be in the room of requirement.

~

He was stood there. His tall lanky frame was leaning over the table as he peered into a small wooden box, clad in his usual worn out, oversized clothes. Despite the dark light in the room, I could see the reflection of the diadem in his glasses. Anger flared inside of me and I pulled out my mother's wand, ready to fight, Blaise and Goyle doing the same as they stood slightly behind me.

"Well, well," I said, and he flinched at my words, jumping to face me. "What brings you here Potter?"

"I could ask you the same" he replied, walking towards us slowly.

"You have something of mine, I'd like it back." I spat.

"Well what's wrong with the one you have?" he was so nonchalant with his words it irked me; how dare he be so sarcastic to me when I could literally kill him if I had the chance. The stupid boy hadn't even pulled out his wand, not only that, I didn't see Granger or the Weasley boy anywhere near him for back up.

"It's my mothers. It's powerful it's not the same. Doesn't quite understand me. Know what I mean?"

"Why didn't you tell her? Bellatrix?" It was my turn to flinch at his words this time. "You knew it was me, but you didn't say anything." I faltered, my wand wavering slightly as I took in his words.

"Go on Draco," Goyle whispered in my ear, "don't be a prat, do it." I took a deep breath and held up my wand stronger, ready to attack.

Before I could open my mouth, Ron and Hermione came running in.

"Stupefy!" Granger shouted, her magic narrowly missing the three of us. I grunted, falling back slightly into the duo behind me.

"Adava Kadevra!" Goyle shouted and I put up a shield in preparation for their reaction.

"Keep them alive!" I hissed at them both as the room lit up in bright colours of green and blue as we silently battled between us.

My face burned hot as Goyle cast a Fiendfyre spell on the room, ginormous fire animals towered up high above us.

"I said keep them alive you blithering idiot!" I shouted at Goyle. I tripped over my feet, stumbling backwards, trying to put as much distance as I could between myself and the burning room. In front of me, Goyle was frantically shaking his wand, trying to stop the spell but it was only making it worse as the whole room began to catch alight.

Blaise grabbed me and pulled me towards him as we started climbing up the huge pile of artefacts in the room as a way to escape. I was panting, trying to climb faster as the flames grew hotter and higher. I could hear the quiet exclaims of terror from Blaise and Goyle to know they weren't too far behind me, I looked back to check and saw Goyle grab onto a loose chair which tipped backwards as he held on, pulling him down into the fire with it. His scream burned into my ears, drowning out the roar of the fire around me. I didn't have time to stop and mourn him, I had no choice but to follow Blaise and carry on climbing, only to realise we'd reached the top of the pile.

I looked at Blaise, his pained, fearful expression mirroring my own. I can't believe this is how I was going to die. I gripped onto the wooden object harder as it tipped slightly, my stomach dropped. Potter flew just above me on a broom, and I reached out a hand to grab onto him, but I missed, causing me to slip further off the wood.

"Fuck!" I cursed, trying to readjust my grip. Potter swooped down and flung me onto the back of his broom just as my hands slipped off completely, Ron doing the same with Blaise behind me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and squeezed my eyes shut as we flew out of the room.

When I opened my eyes again, I was lied on the floor, Blaise coughing his guts up beside me. I couldn't move, the weight of Goyle's death sitting heavy on my chest. He was an idiot, but he was still my friend, a very good friend at that. I closed my eyes, wishing it had been me who had fallen into that fire so I wouldn't have to feel like this, so I could put an end to all the shit I had caused.

I hear soft footsteps padding up towards me and what sounded like a dog sniffing around my head, but I ignored it, squeezing my eyes shut tighter. The animal near me started whining, nudging my arm with its wet nose. I opened my eyes, ready to shove the animal off me only to be met by bright green eyes staring down at me. I didn't have to look twice to know who those eyes belonged to as OLIVIA transformed back into her human form and helped to sit me up.

"So, you finished the Animagus spell then?" I managed to mumble out before I began coughing my own guts up.

"Yeah," she chuckled, rubbing my back gently. "And you were right, a wolf. Pretty cool, hey?"

"I knew you could do it," I replied, smiling up at her.

"What the hell happened?" She wasn't smiling back.

"Goyle's dead." I managed to get out between coughs. "Set fire to the whole room of requirement"

"Shit," she replied, still rubbing my back. "Are you okay?"

"No." I admitted, "are you?"

"No."

"I need to go," I said, standing up now I'd caught my breath. She frowned at me, her hand gripping onto my arm tightly. "I'm not leaving, I just need to do something. I promise I'm coming back."