Part 19

"You could at least try and make it look like you want to be here," Lola hissed in my ear as I entered the Room of Requirement. I rolled my eyes ignoring her, that would be difficult. There were so many students here, even some second and third years, most of them I had never seen before. By the way they were all staring at me, I was pretty sure they knew who I was though. My mouth felt dry and I cleared my throat.

"I heard she threw a knife at him!" I heard one of the younger students whisper to their friend. Both of their eyes wide with shock as they stared at me.

"I can't do this with everyone staring at me like that! Look at them, they all hate me" I grumbled, gripping on to Lola's arm.

"Oh, give over Liv! They don't hate you; they all admire you. It's not a secret that you're the most powerful witch bitch here, I'm pretty sure all the Hufflepuff second years are star struck and that's why they're staring." I grinned at her, squeezing her hand tightly before moving to stand next to Neville.

"Witch Bitch," he smiled, leaning down to my ear "I like it, suits you." I playfully slapped his arm and he laughed before turning to face the full group. "As promised, a new teacher for you all. Take it away, Olive."

"So, for those of you who don't know me I'm Olivia. Erm..." I glanced sideways at Lola who gave me an encouraging smile, holding two thumbs up to me. I took a deep breath before continuing. "For today I want us to practice our shielding charms as this is the most important thing in any duel or battle. Split off into pairs with someone from your year and practice with each other, once you think you have it mastered, I want you to work on casting the spell non-verbally, any questions?"

"Is it true you dated Draco Malfoy even though you knew he was a death eater?" A small voice perked up from the middle of the group. A few student's gasped and moved out of the way to reveal a small mousy brown haired Ravenclaw girl, stood smirking at me with her arms folded across her chest. She raised her eyebrows at me cockily, she couldn't be any older than about 14.

"Yes, that is true, is that a problem?" I settled my face into an intimidating stare, my eyes locking on hers. She didn't flinch as she coolly stared back at me.

"Not at all, I'm just trying to work out which rumours I've heard about the famous Olivia Dagon are actually true." She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, her confidence didn't falter once. I liked this girl.

"Only the bad ones" I said grinning. "Rest of you, get to work. You," I pointed to her, "you're with me." The room was soon filled with the sound of the children practicing their spells and I turned to look at the mini me standing in front of me. "What's your name?" I asked.

"Mallory Fitz, but everyone calls me Rory." She stated proudly.

"And you're what? Third year?"

"Yeah, I'm 13. 14 this summer" she added.

"Let's see what you've got then." She was good. Really good, in fact. Better than I was at her age, her shields were strong and sharp, and she was already mastering non-verbal spells. "You might find it easier if you hold your wand like this and move your left foot backward, so you have a better stance. Good." I praised her as she took on board my corrections, adjusting her position. I noticed some other girls her age sniggering at her from across the room, I fixed them a warning glare which shut them up as they got back to practicing.

"What?" She asked, frowning.

"How would you like to be my assistant and help teach this class?"

She grinned up at me, her brown eyes shining bright. "Really?"

"Sure, you're really good. You probably know more than Lola and Neville combined; they really could do with your help. Whatcha say?" she nodded at me eagerly, smiling from ear to ear as she wrapped her arms around my waist, and I couldn't help but smile while I hugged her back.

~ Draco's POV~

I watched her walk into the great hall, arms linked with Lola. She threw her head back laughing at something Neville was saying, jealousy twisted in my gut like a knife. It should be me making her laugh like that. I watched her smile as a small, curly haired girl bounce up towards Olivia handing her a piece of paper. The girl reminded me of Olivia, like a mini version of her and it made me smile as I watched them interact. That was the future I wanted, a life with Olivia and mini versions of her running around our house. I shook my head, pushing the thoughts away, I was never going to get that now. I didn't deserve it anyway.

~

It was late but I couldn't stay cooped up in my room any longer. I shoved my hands in my pockets and headed out into the common room. When I emerged through the door, I saw her sat on the sofa, she took a giant swig from a half full bottle of clear liquid that definitely wasn't water. She winced as she swallowed and then took several bigger gulps before looking up and locking eyes with me.

"Want some?" She said, holding out the bottle to me. Her smile didn't quite reach her eyes, but I walked over and took the bottle from her anyway, taking two big gulps myself. I cringed as the alcohol burned my throat and handed the bottle back to her.

"Want to go for a walk?" I asked, and she looked up at me again. I half expect her to throw the bottle at me and tell me to fuck off. "Seems a bit depressing even for you to be stuck in here drinking on your own."

"Sure, I'm bringing the bottle with me though," she explained.

"Good." I took it from her again and took another mouthful before handing it back.

We walked around the halls in silence, finishing the bottle between us. Without me realising, we'd absentmindedly made our way to the stairs leading up to the astronomy tower. I frowned as she faltered at the bottom, this was her favourite place and where we always used to hang out.

"I- I haven't been up there since," her voice was so quiet. "I can't go up there."

"Olivia" I murmured, "I'm so sorry." God was there anything I hadn't ruined for this girl. She just shrugged and sat on the bottom step, tapping the space next to her for me to sit too. Her head rested on my shoulder and I breathed in her scent.

"You hurt me so much Draco," she whispered, placing a shaky hand on top of mine.

"I know." I was thoroughly grateful I was drunk for this conversation.

"I want to trust you again, but I don't know how I can." I could feel my heart beating faster and I took her hand in mine. "Why am I not enough for you Draco? Why didn't you choose me?"

"You are more than I could ever deserve. I was so scared that you were going to realise that and leave me. When I saw you there, I almost killed him for putting his hands on you, I didn't know what else to do. I'm so sorry Liv, I should've talked to you about it, please understand I was trying to protect you, all I ever wanted to do was protect you." I wiped the tears that had fallen down my face with my free hand as I turned to look at Olivia. Every time I looked at her, my breath was taken away by how beautiful she was. This time it was no different. "I love you" I said, my hand coming up to cup the side of her face.

"I love you, Draco" she vowed, pressing her lips against mine. I opened my mouth, pulling her close to deepen the kiss. My tongue ran over her bottom lip, sucking gently. Her soft moan vibrated through my mouth, snapping me away from my thoughts before I let things get too far in the middle of a corridor. I pressed my forehead against hers, our chest rising and falling in sync. The world didn't seem so daunting when I was with her.