Part 36

~  5 years later ~

I smiled at the white-blonde haired boy sat in front of me. Every day since we had left Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy had taken it upon himself to make me the happiest person alive. It had been a difficult few years, we both went through really dark times. In the first year after everything had happened, I woke up to Draco screaming and crying more times than I could remember, scratching at the permanent mark on his arm until it was raw and bleeding. I made sure I was there for him every time, to remind him that he was alive and safe and none of it had been his fault.

"You're staring again, Olivia." Draco clicked his tongue at me, looking up from his book. He was curled up on the sofa opposite me wearing a white shirt that was rolled up to his elbows, looking as handsome as ever. 4 years ago, he had gone to Luna and asked her to fix his scar-slashed mark. She'd created the most beautiful tattoo sleeve of flowers and snakes. The flowers bloomed with his moods, shielding him from any harm. Lola and I had got a matching bunch of lilies on the inside of our upper arm too, so that Rory could be with us still.

"I don't care," I replied sticking my tongue out. He put his book down and walked across to me. I giggled as he picked me up and pulled me onto his lap.

"You're lucky I love you so much" he whispered, his teeth nipping at my neck. I sighed, leaning into his touch.

"I think you're the lucky one!" I replied, swatting him playfully in the arm as he pinched me. He wasn't, I was the lucky one. He loved me so much and he had made sure I knew that every day we spent together. I hadn't been able to bring myself to transform myself back into my wolf form since that day. The memories of me ripping out Yaxley's throat haunted my dreams enough without going back into the body that actually did it. Draco had coaxed me back to reality every time I woke up in a pool of my own sweat and tears, talking me through everything. Not once did he push me to transform again, not once did he push me past what I was comfortable talking about.

"Hmm, you're right. I definitely am," he mumbled into my mouth as he kissed me. I never got used to how good he made me feel, every touch and kiss still felt as magical as the first time.

A knock at the door pulled us back to reality, Draco groaned when I climbed off him, pouting as he stood up, following me to the door.

"Daddy!" a tiny voice squealed, running straight past me as I opened the door.

"Mallory!" Draco squealed right back, sweeping her up in his arms, spinning her around. The look of pure happiness on his face made my heart swell, he loved that girl so much. She was the spitting image of him, gorgeous long blonde hair that curled at the ends and his smile that beamed across her face permanently. The only difference were her huge brown eyes that were always wide and bright with excitement.

"Hey! Thank you for having her this weekend, I hope she wasn't too crazy." I said, pulling Lola in for a hug.

"Not a problem," she said, waving her hand in dismissal. "I love spending time with her!"

She followed me into the living room to where Draco was now sat with Mallory perched on his knee, bouncing her up and down as she told him everything she'd been doing.

"Mama look!" she shouted, leaping off Draco's knee, twirling around so she could show me the new dress and tiara she had on. "Auntie Lola and me went shopping and now I'm a princess!"

"I can see! And what a beautiful princess you are, Mal!" I replied, grinning at her. "I hope you said thank you to her." I turned and raised my eyebrows at Lola who just shrugged, cringing away from my stare. She always spoilt the girl rotten.