Part 27

~ Olivia's POV~

Draco didn't come back on the train with the rest of the students. I'd stood waiting for him eagerly at the station for hours, but he never stepped off the train. My day was wasted pacing around the Slytherin common room, nervously chewing on the inside of my cheek as while I hoped he would turn up.

"Liv, he's not coming," Lola said to me as we both sat down on the sofa.

"He has to, he promised me he was coming back," I sighed, running a hand over my face. I was exhausted from worrying about him. 

"I know but it's Malfoy, you know what his family are like." I just glared at her and pushed myself off from the sofa.

"I know Lola," I spat, "I'm going, I'm late for my session with McGonagall"

"Olive..." she sighed after me, but I just slammed the common room door behind me.

~

"How's the Animagus spell going?" McGonagall asked, her lips pursed as she stared me down, completely ignoring my bad mood.

"Good, this mandrake leaf tastes like shit though" I replied, arms folded across my chest and she chuckled.

"I know, only two more weeks though," she smiled. "And you know what you're doing with the potion?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Excellent. Let's work on Legilimency again"

I spent the next 30 minutes of our tutoring session trying to read through McGonagall's thoughts. Thank god she was good at Occlumency because I don't think I actually wanted to know what weird things she had going on in her head.

"Before you go Olivia." She said, "I know more than you think I do about the goings on in this school. I know about the extra classes you have being helping with Neville in the room of requirement, I just wanted to tell you I think you are incredibly brave and strong and no matter what happens I am proud of how far you have come."

I smiled at her, blinking away the tears in my eyes. "Thank you."

"Now, this conversation is not officially happening because if it was I could be fired" I frowned at her, "but theoretically, if I was aware of some students that were living permanently in the room of requirement, I would suggest that it may be smart for you and your friends to do the same and join them"

"Umm okay..."

"Run along now Olivia, I don't want to see any more of you except for these tutoring sessions. Okay?"

I nodded and hurried out the room. I packed up all my belongings, making Lola and Rory do the same and dragged them up to the room of requirement with me. 

"Hey, Neville," I said softly as he opened the door for us. He was a comforting presence as the realisation that this would be my new home for the next few months hit me. 

"Come on in, we'll get you some beds set up," he replied, taking Rory's bags for her as she bounced off towards a group of students her age. "No Draco still?" I shook my head. "Ginny didn't come back either, there's less and less of us every day."

"At least we've still got each other," he nodded at me, his mouth twitching as though he was stopping himself from saying something. I liked that most about Neville, he usually didn't have the balls to constantly push me and ask questions I really didn't want to answer.

"What's up with you and Lola?" He finally asked once we'd got all of our things set up.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "actually I do know I just don't want to tell you because it's my fault for being a bitch and I'm just not done being mad at her yet"

"Girls are weird."

"Tell me about," I said with a laugh.

~

Five days had passed by and I was going insane shut off in this room. I waited until everyone else had gone to sleep before heading down the stairs for a walk to clear my head. I didn't particularly have anywhere to go so I just mindlessly wandered around the hallways until I somehow ended up outside the door to the Slytherin common room.

"Liv?" A familiar voice behind me said. I whipped around to face Draco, frozen in shock at the sight of him. His hair was a mess and his dark circles had returned under his eyes. At least he was still alive, I thought. "Where the hell have you been?" He half shouted at me.

His words pulled me back to reality and I snapped at him "What do you mean where have I been, where the bloody hell have you been? You said you were coming straight back after Easter and you didn't, do you know how worried I was?" I could help but raise my voice at him as my worry turned into anger.

"Oh my god, I was 2 days later than I said I would be! I had shit going on!" He shouted back, and I saw something flicker in his eyes. "Do you know what a psycho you sound like, you're so god damn obsessed with me!"

"How dare you!" I boomed, "that is insane Draco, after everything that has happened, you think I'm being 'psycho' for worrying about you when I hadn't heard from you for two fucking weeks and then you don't come back when you said you would. Yeah, all right, okay I'm a psycho then! God forbid you actually let anyone care about you! I am so stupid, how could I have possibly thought that maybe, just maybe, you weren't a total narcissist!"

He just stood there glaring at me, hands tucked into the pockets of his trousers. "Fuck you," he spat. What the fuck was wrong with him.

"Fuck you too," I said, my chest heaving. "This is ridiculous, we can't keep doing this, I thought things were finally good between us." I sighed, pinching the bridge between my nose as my head started pounding.

"Are you coming inside?" He ignored my words, gesturing to the door of the common room.

"No," I said, standing my ground. "I'm not just going to let you treat me like this every time you go through something, it's so toxic."

"You still haven't told me where you've been! No one has seen you for five days! Were you with Neville by any chance? Oh yes, that sounds about right. I was gone two extra fucking days but that was all it took for you to crawl into his bed wasn't it?" He rambled on, getting himself worked up again.

"Enough." I snarled, more confused now than I was angry. How the hell had he changed again this much in two weeks, what the hell had happened to him. "You're a piece of shit Draco, I can't believe that's what you think of me."

"I'm sorry, I'm just mad because I was worried about you too, I thought something bad must've happened to you." He sighed.

"That doesn't give you an excuse to flip out on me!" My hands shook as I willed myself to stay calm. "We can sort this out tomorrow when you've calmed yourself down. You better have a bloody good apology ready if you ever want me to speak to you again, okay?"

"I know, I will" he said softly, "How's Rory doing, is she okay? I presume she's off with you wherever you're both hiding."

"She's fine." I replied and stormed off back to the room of requirement.

"Good night, Olive." he called after me, but I just stuck my finger up at him over my shoulder. Prick.