Part 14

For three days, I sat at Draco's side in the hospital wing. For three days I sat there, waiting for him to wake up. My body was heavy, and I felt as though I was watching my life through someone else's eyes, it almost didn't feel real. No one else came to visit him. Lola only came to force food and drink down my throat and to drag me to bed when Madam Pomfrey threatened to lock me out of the wing completely, I'd barely said a word to either of them. Word had got out that Draco had joined the Death Eaters which meant the few people that had trusted him, now hated him as much as everyone else.

"Miss Dagon, shouldn't you be in class?" Snape's voice cut through me, causing me to jump.

"I'm not leaving him. I don't want him to be alone when he wakes up" I replied, my voice raw still. I took Draco's hand in my own as I curled up tighter into the chair. Snape gave me a stern look. "I mean it, I'm not going anywhere." He sighed but still walked away, clearly not in the mood to deal with an argument.

I turned, looking a Draco again. He looked awful; his skin was so pale which made the dark circles under his eyes stand out even more. I lifted his top up slightly to check the giant bandage wrapped around his abdomen was still intact before resting my head on the edge of his bed, my thumb drawing small circles in the palm of his hand.

~Draco's POV~

I squinted at the bright lights that blinded me as I tried to open my eyes. I blinked as my surroundings came into focus and I soon worked out that I was in the medical wing. I tried to sit up but a heavy weight in my hand stopped me. I frowned, looking down to see Olivia's head resting next to me, her hand gripping mine tightly. Her hair had fallen forwards, covering half of her face but I could still see how beautiful she was while she slept. I smiled at the sight of her, holding onto her hand.

"She hasn't left your side for 3 days!" Lola's voice hissed at me. I turned my head to see her stood at the end of my bed with a huge plate of food in her hand and a pissed look on her face. "She has sat there for three fucking days Draco despite that nasty thing on your arm. I can't even stand to look at you and yet, for some reason that I will never understand, she has turned herself into a zombie trying to look after you, making sure she knew you were going to be okay." She set the plate of food down at the end of my bed. "You deserve nothing" she seethed.

"I know" my voice croaked, weak from not using it for so long.

"No, you don't know. She is my other half Draco and I swear to god if I lose her to your dark lord bullshit." She took a shaky breath "She is too good and too pure for this world, too good for you.  She might find it in her heart to forgive you, but I am not as good a person as she is, and I never will. Please, just don't hurt her. She is strong but I don't know how much more even she can take." She walked away without another word.

Olivia stirred, her eyes fluttered open and immediately shot to my face.

"You're awake" she said, tears filling her eyes as she reached up touch my face. "You're awake" I smiled at her nodding. "Are you okay? Does it hurt? Can I get you anything?"

"I'm fine" I laughed softly at her fussing over me.

"You're really fine?" I nodded at her and her face changed as she playfully swatted my arm, not hard enough to hurt, as tear streamed down her face. "Don't you ever do that to me again. I thought you were dead for crying out loud!" she cried, clinging onto me. I held her close, breathing in her scent. The lingering smell of vanilla from her perfume was so comforting to me, and I sighed into her touch.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I pulled her off me and kissed her softly as I wiped away the tears from her face. I hid my wince as she curled up into the bed next to me, passing me up the plate of food Lola had left.

"You must be starving" she said as she began feeding me food from the plate.

"I can feed myself you know, it's not my arms that are broken, Olive" she giggled at me, the sound made my heart beat faster. "I love you" I said, pressing a kiss into the side of her head.

"I love you too," she replied, I would never get tired of hearing those words. "Now be quiet and let me take care of you." She grinned as she fed me another mouthful of food. I felt so selfish for letting myself love her, I know I don't deserve her, but she was just about the only thing that was keeping me going at the minute.

~ Olivia's POV~

I looked up at Draco, smiling at the sight of him draped over me as I held his weight while he limped back to his bedroom. I shrugged him off me, putting him down on the bed gently and sat down next to him.

"I can't believe all Potter got was Saturday detention for the rest of the year, he nearly killed you!" I exclaimed. Draco just shook his head, lying down backward on his bed, holding his arms out to me and I crawled into his arms.

"How did I get lucky enough to have you in my life," he said, kissing my cheek.

"You are pretty lucky to be blessed with me," I giggled, pulling him in for a kiss. I let his hands trace my body underneath my top as I left a trail of slopping kisses down his neck. I pulled him off me before while I still had some self-control, not letting things go too far while he was still injured. He grumbled something about being fine, but I shut him up with another kiss before pulling him close to me, letting him fall asleep in my arms. I pulled the blanket up over him, pressing a kiss to his forehead before heading back to my own room.

As soon as I entered my room Lola pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Do not mistake that hug for me being happy, I am beyond pissed with you. But I am glad to see you with a bit of life back in you again." I frowned at her, confused at her words. "You knew about his mark Liv; you can't do this to yourself. I don't care how much you love him; you deserve better."

"He's not a bad person Lola, he just made some bad decisions. This isn't really who he is"

"I trust you and if that is truly what you believe then I support you. But don't forget, when he eventually breaks your heart, it is me who has to pick up the pieces again."

"I love you too, Lola!" I patted her head before climbing into my bed.