Part 30

My hand trembled under the tight grip of Lola's as I still tried to process the events that had unfolded in front of me.

"He was a coward" McGonagall declared to no one in particular as she turned around to look at all of us students.

Suddenly a loud rumble echoed through the Great Hall, McGonagall reached out a hand to steady potter as he stumbled backwards onto the floor.

"Harry Potter..." an icy voice amplified throughout the room. From the twisted expression on Potter and McGonagall's face, I knew who the voice belonged to. My head whipped around, mirroring the other students as we tried to figure out where the voice was coming from. Silence came back once more as we huddled in close to one another, preparing for the worst.

A piercing scream broke the deafening silence and my stomach dropped. Potter moved towards where the screech was coming from to see a young girl crying out, her hands covering her ears. I looked around for Rory, but I couldn't see her anywhere. Another shriek came from the other side of the room, Potter once again following the noise. People around me started backing away, terrified at the realisation of what was going on. Where the hell was Rory?

"I know that many of you will want to fight, some of you may even think that to fight is wise" the blood curdling voice continued. My heart was pounding out of my chest, Lola had found Seamus and was clinging to him while I pushed past people in search for Rory. "Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed."

My stomach lurched again as I heard Rory's blood curdling scream pierce my own ears, the cold voice repeating its final words over and over again but all I could hear was Rory's pain. Shit. Where the fuck was, she?

"Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

The echoes and rumbling stopped, every student stepping back to look at Harry Potter as he stood there, dumbfounded. I didn't have time to worry about him, I needed to find Rory and I needed to find her now.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Somebody grab him!" Pansy called out.

Without a second thought Ginny stepped forwards in front of Harry, ready to protect him. She was soon followed by the rest of the students in Dumbledore's Army - including Lola and Seamus. From the movement of all the students I noticed Draco helping Rory up of the floor, wiping away her tears. I started to move towards them, but Draco nodded at me, letting me know she was okay, as if it wasn't obvious from the shaky but steady steps, she was now taking towards the group of people surrounding Harry Potter. I nodded back in thanks as I made my way next to her, squeezing her hand tightly and watched him slowly slip out of the room away from this mess.

Keys jangling and heavy footsteps now took all the attention away from the previous commotion to Filch who was now running into the Great Hall, shouting loudly while clinging onto that grim cat of his. "Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!"

"They are supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot!" McGonagall replied, exasperated.

"Oh... Sorry, ma'am." I couldn't even process what was happening as Lola and myself exchanged baffled looks at this man's stupidity.

"As it happens Mr Filch" McGonagall continued, pulling up her long dress slightly as she hurried down the steps towards him. "Your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you please to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House from the hall" she waved her wand to gesture at the few students in the same green uniform as me who stood there, including Draco.

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading them to ma'am?"

"The dungeons would do." She said curtly. Lola and I hid ourselves between the other students around us as we watched Filch lead the rest of our house out of the hall. The rest of the students began applauding and cheering, but I just stood there and wrapped my arms around myself.

McGonagall stepped closer to where Potter, me and the rest of the students stood, worry and concern painted on her face.

"I assume you have a reason for returning Potter, what is it you need?" She asked.

"Time Professor, as much as you can get me." he responded.

"Do what you need to do, I'll secure the castle." Harry nodded and turned away from her, "Potter, it's good to see you" she added with a wavering voice.

"Good to see you too, Professor" he replied, offering up a small smile before hurrying off. "Hold the fort Neville" he said, placing a comforting hand on Neville shoulder as Ginny and the others followed him out.

I came up behind Neville, noting his shaky hands. "You have to be brave still Neville, just for a little bit longer. You're not alone, we've got your back." I grinned up at him, gesturing to Lola, Rory and Seamus who stood ready to fight behind me. He grinned down back at me, but I saw the fear in his eyes as he knew what had to be done.

Chaos had erupted throughout the school; students had begun running around everywhere. After giving Rory a once over to make sure she was okay I got stuck into helping put shields up around the grounds. I was mad at myself for letting Draco out of my sight, now I had no idea where he was or what he was doing. I couldn't shake the feeling that if I ever saw him again, it wouldn't be good.

"It's going to be fine Olivia; you'll see him again" Lola whispered to me.

"I know" I said, unconvincingly. I wasn't sure how much more of this I could take without him, I needed him to be there for me so badly and it was breaking my heart that he wasn't here.