Part 13

In that split second before his touch every nerve in my body and brain is electrified. It's the anticipation of being together in a way that's more than words, in a way that's so completely tangible that nothing else matters except the way Draco's touch makes me feel.

I ran my fingers through his hair as he collapsed on top of me, our breathing heavy. He rolled to the side of me, giving me a small kiss before getting up and dressed. I watched him, admiring the way his hands looked as he did his belt up, thinking about how those fingers felt inside of me. I bit my lip and wondered how much longer I would crave his touch all of the time, I hoped it would last forever.

"Stop looking at me like that Liv, or we'll end up missing dinner again." He smiled at me, my stomach fluttering at the sight of him. I just pouted as he pulled on his shirt and grey sweater vest and fastened up his tie. God, he was beautiful. "Come on, get dressed I'm hungry," he added, throwing my uniform at me. I stuck my tongue out before pulling my own uniform on.

Draco left my side without a word, disappearing off somewhere as I sat down with my friends and inhaled the food on my plate. It was unusual for Dumbledore to be sat at the teachers table, yet there he was. I didn't think anything of it as I laughed at something Neville was saying. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Draco walk into the great hall, a frantic look on his face. He was heading straight for the teachers table at the front of the hall and I frowned as he stormed right past me and stopped below the stairs. His breathing got heavy and his hands were shaking at his sides. He turned slowly, scanning he room before he looked right at me, his throat bobbing as he swallowed hard. I offered him a small smile which he ignored, turning back to look at Dumbledore. His eyes were wide, and he took a few small steps backwards before running back out of the room. Without thinking I stood up and ran after him, leaving my friends with brows furrowed at the table.

"Draco?" I asked tentatively as I entered the abandoned bathroom. He was leaning over the sink, his hair falling into his eyes as he breathed heavily. His grey vest was strewn on the floor beside him and that frantic look remained on his face as he turned around to look at me. "Hey," I said softly, "what's going on?"

"I can't do this. I can't do it. I can't Olivia, I just can't," he rambled on as he began pacing up and down the bathroom in a mad panic. I walked over to him and took his face in my hands, forcing him to look at me.

"Draco. Stop. Look at me. You're okay, just breathe, you're okay." I pressed a kiss to each cheek before looking at him again "I'm here, alright, everything will be fine." I desperately looked in his eyes, praying that he would talk to me, I couldn't stand to see him in this much pain. His hands rested on top of mine, tears streaming down his face.

"I love you, Olivia." He said through broken sobs, my heart was in my stomach "I am in love with you and I have been since the first day I met you." He took a shaky breath, "but it's because I love you, that I need you to leave, please. You are too good for me and I can't let you get involved with all of this."

"Draco..." I murmured; my own face now stained with my tears as he kissed me softly. "I love you, and I'm not going anywhere, okay? Whatever it is, we'll get through it together." I kissed him again "I love you." He lifted my hands off his face and squeezed them tight before letting me go.

"You deserve better," he said as he turned his back to me. I felt as though the world was crashing around me, I couldn't breathe. This could not be happening.

"Draco, please." I sobbed, "let me help you." I heard someone else enter the bathroom and I went to move towards Draco, but he snarled at me, causing me to stumble backwards. I heard Harry Potter's voice as he stalked towards Draco, ranting out about how he knew Draco was a death eater. I held my breath as I watched Draco shout back, he was a wreck and there was nothing I could do to help him as he rolled up his sleeve, showing that permanent dark ink staining his arm. I lunged forwards, ready to defend him as they both pulled out their wands, but Potter was faster. So much faster than I had anticipated.

"Sectumsempra!" He chanted, a dark mist shooting out of his wand as Draco screamed while he collapsed to the floor, blood pouring from him.

"Draco!" I screamed out as I fell to his side, putting pressure on his wound as he lied there helpless on the floor. "Go get help" I screamed towards Potter as ran out he bathroom. I had never heard of the spell Potter had used, it had to be some kind of dark magic and I cursed to myself for not knowing how to fix it. Draco's eyes searched my face as he began coughing up blood and held back my tears to be brave for him. "You're gonna be just fine Draco" I murmured, "there is no way you are getting away from me this easily" he let out a small laugh and his face twisted in pain. I took a deep breath, using his discarded sweater to soak up as much blood as I could. His eyes were wild as he looked down, noting the blood pooling under his body. "Come on Malfoy, don't look so scared. Surely, it's going to take a lot more than some little spell from Potter to take you out!" I smiled at him, pushing his hair back out of his eyes as I ran a hand down the side of his face. "I love you so much, don't you dare leave me. I don't think I can do this without you," I whispered, letting out a sob as his eye's fluttered shut. "Please don't leave me, Draco."

I vaguely remember a strong body pulling me away from Draco as Snape began casting a spell to stitch his body back together long enough to take him to the hospital wing. I kicked and screamed, begging them not to take him away from me and let me go with them but whoever it had held me tight, stroking my head in an attempt to calm me down. I don't remember how, but I ended up back in my dorm room tucked up in my bed as Lola slid in next to me holding me. I broke down completely in her arms, and she held me close, whispering words of comfort to me until my throat was raw and there were no tears left for me to cry.