Part 26

"Do you have to go?" I asked Draco. He barely looked in my direction as he began packing his clothes up ready to go home for Easter. I knew something was bothering him, but he wouldn't tell me.

"Yes, they've sent me a letter saying it's urgent," he sighed, running a hand over his face.

"Will he be there?" the thought of Draco being anywhere near Lord Voldemort again made me sick to my stomach. I leant back against the headboard of his bed, hugging my knees.

"I don't know," he sighed.

"You're coming back though, right?"

"Yes, obviously," he snapped, and I glared at him.

"Don't talk to me like that," I hissed, "I can't help that I'm worried about you going home given the lovely experience I had last time with your family"

He glared right back at me. "They're still my family, Olivia."

I just hugged my knees tighter and chewed on the inside of my cheek again. "I'm sorry," I whispered in defeat.

He walked over to me and took my face in his hands, his thumb stroking my cheek bone. "Look Olive, I wouldn't go if it wasn't important, I didn't see them at Christmas so it's only fair. You have nothing to worry about, I'll be back before you know it." He lightly kissed my lips before going back to the pile of his clothes. It's just two weeks, I thought, I can manage two weeks without him.

Rory came with me to say goodbye as he got on his train. She hugged him tightly, the poor girl was more attached to him than I was.

~ Draco's POV ~

Truthfully, I was as worried as Olivia about going home. I couldn't let her know though; she had enough going on in that big brain of hers without worrying about me too. I didn't know why my parents had demanded that I come home for Easter, but I couldn't think of any good reason for it.

"Love you, I'll see you soon," I murmured into her hair as I hugged her tightly. I rested my chin on her head as I wrapped my arms around her, trying to remember this moment and the way she fit perfectly against my body.

"Love you too," she whispered back. When I pulled away, she had tears in her eyes, but she smiled up brightly at me anyway and I kissed her deeply.

"Ewwww!" Rory squealed, Olivia pulled away giggling as she looked back at her, sticking up two fingers, which in turn sent Rory into a fit of giggles. I just rolled my eyes at them.

"Ugh I forgot how immature you girls are, I'm leaving. Goodbye" I waved at them both and headed onto the train.

~

"Draco darling," my mum said, pulling me into a hug as I stepped onto the platform in London.

"Hi mum," I replied, half returning the hug. "Where's Father?"

"Oh, he's still back at the manor." A funny look passed over her face. "Here pass me your trunk, let's go home." I nodded and followed her.

"Oh, everyone is just so looking forwards to seeing you again, we missed you terribly at Christmas," she rambled on as we walked down the driveway to my house.

My gut twisted as the doors opened, Malfoy Manor had always been my house, but it had been years since it actually felt like home. It was cold and empty, just like my father.

"Draco," my father's voice echoed through the giant hallway. You wouldn't think he'd spent 7 months in Azkaban, he still dressed and acted as though he was the most important wizard to exist but deep down, I knew it had changed him. He was weaker, and he knew it too which made him act even more hateful in a poor attempt to make up for it.