Part 29

I don't remember exactly how or when it had happened, but Hogwarts wasn't Hogwarts anymore. There were dementors everywhere, the few students that hadn't moved into the room of requirement were being marched around the school grounds, all of us heavily beaten if we even breathed incorrectly. It was the not knowing, the constant waiting around for something to happen that was driving us all crazy. The Carrows and Snape seemed nice compared to what was waiting ahead for us. I hadn't seen Draco for what felt like weeks, he'd often sneak up to the room of requirement to see me, but he wouldn't let me risk being caught in the corridors out of hours, especially as the Carrows hated me enough already.

"It's going to be okay" Rory said as she placed her hand in mine, gazing out of the window next to me.

I smiled down at her, "I know, we're all gonna be just fine" I replied, squeezing her hand.

Her dark eyes twinkled, glowing a golden brown in the light as she smiled back at me. The black eye she'd gotten for refusing to practice curses on first years a week ago was starting to fade. Unsurprisingly, myself and Neville had taken the worst of the beatings in order to protect the other students, he looked the worst out of us all though. A loud commotion at the other side of the room pulled us both away from the window.

"Neville?" I asked, confused as his lanky body emerged through the secret passage. I hadn't even noticed that he'd gone.

"Look who I found" he replied, gesturing to the three bodies that followed him into the room. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione stood there wide-eyed as they took in their surroundings. The large group of students that had now gathered around the trio started applauding and cheering but I just stood there, staring at them all in confusion, my mouth twitching as I forced myself to bite my tongue and keep my mouth shut. Everyone seemed to jump at the idea of helping them defeat Voldemort but there was just something that was nagging the back of my mind, telling me that this was an impossible mission and I shouldn't put my life at risk for him.

"There's something we need to find" Harry said matter-of-factly, as everyone stared at him expectantly "something here, hidden in the castle and it may help us defeat you know who."

"Right, what is it?" Neville asked

"We don't know" Harry admitted

"Where is it?" Dean questioned, clearly getting as frustrated as I was.

"We don't know that either" I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer as I scoffed at his words, folding my arms across my chest. "I realise it's not much to go on" he added, giving me a pointed look.

"It's not something to go on" Seamus replied, earning a small smile from me. Lola had clearly rubbed off on him in a good way.

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw" Harry said, swallowing hard. "It will be small, easily concealed, anyone any ideas?"

"How would we have any ideas from that?" I insisted

"Well there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem" Luna's soft voice cut in.

"Oh, bloody hell, here we go" I heard Ron mutter' and the same time as I rolled my eyes. The girl was so sweet but almost everything that came out of her mouth was nonsense.

"The lost diadem of Ravenclaw" she continued, looking around the room vacantly for support from the other students "Hasn't anyone heard of it? It's quite famous."

"Yes Luna, but it's lost. It has been for centuries" Cho explained, placing a comforting hand on Luna's back. "There isn't a person alive today who's seen it."

"Excuse me can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" Ron interrupted.

"It's a sort of crown, like a small tiara you dimwit" I responded, rolling my eyes which earned me a harsh glare from both him and Hermione. "I just don't see why we should have to put ourselves at risk-" I started only to be interrupted by a loud rumble of stone followed by fast footsteps. Everyone's attention was dragged away from the trio and towards where Ginny now stood, gazing towards Harry.

"Harry" she sighed, taking in the sight of him.

"Hi there" He replied, and Ron waved from behind him which Ginny ignored.

"Six months she hasn't seen me and it's like I'm Frankie First Year. I'm only her brother" Ron muttered, and I smirked.

"She's got lots of those though, but only one Harry" Seamus quipped, Lola and I both snorting at his words.

"Shut up, Seamus" Ron hissed.

"What is it Ginny?" Neville asked, getting impatient.

"Snape knows. He knows that Harry was spotted in Hogsmaede" she stated. Everyone's heads turned slowly to where the trio stood.

~

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this time" Snape droned on. All of the students were gathered in the great hall, Snape's words hung in the air as an eerily silence wrapped around the room. I looked around for my friends and caught Draco's eye. I offered him a small smile, but he shook his head at me. "It has come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmaede."

The Great Hall buzzed with the whispers of the gossiping students, the excitement of knowing that Harry Potter was back distracting the younger students from the harsh reality of where we were. The rest of Dumbledore's Army and I kept our heads down, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone.

"Now" Snape continued, his loud voice once again silencing the large room. "Should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr Potter. They will be punished in a matter consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events, who fails to come forwards, will be treated as equally guilty." Lola squeezed my hand next to me and I swallowed hard. Slughorn and McGonagall looked equally as terrified as the rest of us students.

Snape began to slowly descend down the stairs as he continued his speech. "Now then, if anyone here has any knowledge of Mr Potter's movement this evening, I invite them to step forwards." He stopped next to Neville and I squeezed my eyes shut. "Now."

Heavy footsteps echoed through the hall causing everyone's heads to whip to the back of the room. Louds gasps echoed out as Harry Potter walked forwards into the view of Snape.

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defences, you still have a bit of a security problem" he said cockily. The large doors opened up behind him as a large group of people, including Ron and Hermione, walked into the Great Hall. "I'm afraid it's quite extensive. How dare you stand where he stood" Harry continued "Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them" he demanded.

Snape actually looked slightly scared as he pulled out his wand, reading to attack Harry. Only he was met with McGonagall as she pushed Harry out of the way. Everyone pulled out their wands in defence, including myself.

I sucked in a breath as McGonagall made the first move, red magic firing out of the end of her wand. Snape didn't fight back as he was pushed backwards, he only put up shields to protect himself from her spells. She kept going, knocking both the Carrows out too as she made her way closer and closer to where Snape stood, her magic not faltering once. My stomach was in knots as she kept going, I admired that woman's bravery. Snape disappeared into a cloud of dark smoke and smashed through the giant paned glass windows before McGonagall had chance to finish him off completely.

The large crowd of students began cheering excitedly as McGonagall began lighting up the great hall again, but I just looked across to Lola, who was still holding my hand tight. She wore the same bleak expression on her face as I did, we both knew this was only the beginning and the rest wasn't going to be that easy.