Part 22

~Olivia's POV~

I tried to open my eyes, but pain shot down the side of my face and through my jaw. I groaned and winced but somehow managed to sit myself up slightly. I lifted a hand to my face, gently feeling for the damage. One of my eyes was swollen shut, which explained why I couldn't see. I had a huge dressing down my right cheek and a bust lip, it felt like my jaw was broken too. I could feel my hair stuck to my face, caked in blood. I desperately wanted a hot bath to soak in and feel clean again. Draco stirred besides me and I held out a hand for him.

"'Morning," he murmured. 

"I can't open my eyes," I whispered, gripping his hands.

"That's probably for the best, I think you might faint if you saw your reflection" I could hear the smile in his voice, my heart swelled at him trying to make me laugh still.

"I don't think I've got it in me to have a sense of humour today, Draco," I sighed, feeling very heavy. He squeezed my hand in understanding and pulled me in closer to him, my head resting on his chest. "Can you fix my face for me?"

"Here, sit up for me." He said. I tried not to flinch while my face burned hot from the spell Draco cast. I blinked, my eyes finally opening fully. "How are you feeling?" He asked me, a lazy smile playing on his lips. 

"Tired. Dirty. Hungry." I muttered, and my stomach grumbled. "Really hungry"

"I'll go grab you some food," he said, kissing the back of my hand before standing up.

"Thank you,'' I told him, "for everything." He just smiled sweetly at me in a way that made my heart flutter. 

As soon as I was alone, I let the tears fall from my eyes, every part of my body hurt, and I was so tired. I was so close to giving up completely. A knock at the door pulled me back to reality and I dried my eyes before shouting for whoever it was to come in. Rory peeked her head round the door sheepishly, not meeting my eyes with her own.

"Hey you," I smiled. She didn't speak or smile back to me as she closed the door behind her and walked over to me.

"I'm so sorry," she sobbed, "it's all my fault, I'm so sorry."

I pulled her in for tight hug, wincing as the movement tugged on my stomach but ignored the pain. "Are you joking Rory? This was not your fault at all, you have nothing to be sorry for! Draco told me all about how brave you were and how you were the only one who knew which spell to use! I am so proud of you, thank you for saving me."

She hugged me tighter and Lola walked into our bedroom and ran straight towards us, joining in the hug.

"Oh my god, I'm so glad you're okay!" she exclaimed, crying softly.

"Oh, here we go! All right Lola that's enough." I shrugged them both off me. "I love you both but I'm pretty sure if you keep hugging me, my stomach's going to rip open again."

Lola wiped her eyes and smiled at me. "Rory, how about you go get Olivia something to drink?" The young girl dried her face and nodded enthusiastically, running off eager to help. Lola's face dropped as soon as the door closed. "If you ever pull that bullshit on me again, I will kill you myself Olivia! Are you crazy? I thought you were going to die!" 

I flinched away from her harsh words. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking! It was me or Rory and I obviously wasn't going to let anything happen to her!"

"No Olivia, I know exactly what you were thinking. You didn't have to try and kill the bloody woman, you antagonised her on purpose because you knew she wouldn't hold back!" I looked down, fiddling with my bed sheets and her voice was softer when she spoke to me again. "Olive, I love you and I don't care how selfish I sound but I can't bloody do this without you, okay?" I smiled at her and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"I'm sorry, I love you" I said. She just shook her head at me and hugged me tight. I only pulled away when Draco and Rory walked back in, both with arms full of food and drink, smiling brightly at me. I looked between the three people stood in my room laughing between one another, this was what I would keep fighting for.

~

"I need a bath, desperately," I groaned, leaning into Draco. He'd spent all day fussing over me, feeding me and giving me drinks and making sure I wasn't in any pain. I kept insisting that I was fine since I'd been strong enough to heal all of my wounds up, I was now just left with achy muscles and huge scars from what had happened.

"Are you sure you can make it, you're not in too much pain?" He replied.

"Draco, I am fine. Will you please stop babying me!" I insisted. He just rolled his eyes and helped me stand up out of bed.

"Come on then, we'll go to the prefect's bathroom, no one will be in there at this time." He grabbed my towel and soaps and apparated us both there. "I'll be back in a minute," he mumbled and walked off towards the doors, I presumed to lock them so no one would walk in on us. I stripped off all of my clothes and submerged myself in the warm water, letting it ease the ache away from my muscles as I relaxed. I leant against the edge of the huge bath with my eyes closed, enjoying the peace.

My eyes fluttered open as Draco slid into the water next to me. He pulled me close and began washing off the blood that was caked to my skin, he started with my face and slowly moved down my body, washing my everywhere.

"Turn around" he mumbled and started on my back. When he'd finished cleaning my body, he began washing my hair, it was such a simple gesture and it somehow made me fall in love with him even more than I thought was possible. I titled my head back as he rinsed all of the suds out and turned around to face him again. "I honestly don't tell you enough how amazing you are." He kissed me softly on my lips. "I love you."

"I nearly gave up last night, I almost stopped fighting and let them win. But I am so glad I didn't. I love you." He wiped away my tears and kissed me again. His hands caressed down my back gently, stopping on my hips. I opened my mouth and deepened the kiss, biting his bottom lip gently.

He stopped himself before things got too far and helped me out of the bath, drying me off with a towel before taking us back to his room. I pulled on one of his t-shirts and crawled into his bed and he did the same, pulling me into his arms as he placed a gentle kiss on my lips. He began making his way down my body, kissing the skin where my wounds had once been before kissing my mouth again. My heart strained at the look on his face as he examined my scars and I let him hold me close while we fell asleep. He didn't let go of me once, as though he was afraid that if he did, he might lose me forever.