𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

But this, there was no escape. This time, he lost. This time, Kenna will finally be captured along with the child.

~~~

Din moves to sit in front of Kenna, blocking her from the sight of the other hunters. She quickly gets the child from the cot and holds it against her chest.

"Din, there's no point, we have no weapons, we're going to lose,"

"Move away, Mando," One growls at him, pointing his blaster at him. "We don't need you,"

"Ya know, you could always have our share if you help us bring in the Skywalker," A female one says, pushing through the group that have them surrounded. "10,000,000 credits, Mando, 10,000,000 between all of us," She says, chuckling. "The name's Ceria," She stretches her hand down to Din who only glares at it.

"No,"

"In case you haven't noticed, you're outnumbered and outgunned,"

"I'll take my chances,"

"You can't protect yourself and them,"

"I don't need to protect them," He moves out of the way to reveal both Kenna and the child are gone. Ceria's eyes widen along with Jazon.

"FIND THEM!" She shouts at the hunters who begin to scattered in search for their prize. Ceria looks down at Din who is leaning against the metal wall of a building. She scoffs and raises her blaster, shooting him between his beskar before moving along. He hisses in pain and slumps into the snow beneath him, feeling lightheaded.

~~~

"I can't believe that idiot," Kenna hisses as she returns to the suite, gathering their weapons and barricading the door. "I can't believe I listened to him!" She places the child on the comfy bed and it coos at her uneasily and she smiles warmly. "It's going to be okay, mama is gonna kick some ass and save Din's life, again," She picks up his pulse rifle and walks over to the window, seeing the hunters walking around, fully armed. "Let's see if I still got it," She brings the scope to her eye and manages to shoot two hunters down, their bodies disintegrating and screaming in pain. She hides behind the window and moves over to her bag, grabbing out some vortex grenades she crafted on the Crest after the encounter with Xi'an, Burg and Qin. She grabs a bundle and relinquishes them outside, apprehending at least 10 hunters that are now panicking and becoming quicker in their search. Kenna peers out of the window to see the female bounty hunter, Ceria, dragging Din's body towards the centre of the bazaar, a smirk on her face.

"Listen to me, Skywalker, if another one of my hunters die, your Mandalorian dies," She hisses, pressing her blaster to the side of his head. "First, I'll remove his helmet so we can have a look at his pretty face and then I'll shoot him, come quietly and he'll live," Kenna bites her lip, there was at least 5 more out there and if she tried to take on Ceria, she'll most likely use Din as a human shield and then kill him. "We don't want the child, we only want you," She says.

"I go down there, you'll let Mando and the child live and walk freely?" Kenna shouts down.

"Yes, we'll leave and the Mandalorian won't be harmed nor the child," Kenna glances at the child and sighs.

"Kenna...don't," Din coughs out and she shakes her head.

"I'll come down, with the child. You allow me to give Mando the child and then we leave and they stay, unharmed,"

"Deal," She picks up the child and quickly makes her way outside. She walks among the hunters who laugh at her as she walks over to Ceria and Din.

"Kenna, no, don't do this,"