Chapter 10: Telling Tyler

(Just so yall know, I will not be doing every episode if I don't feel like I can successfully put Cameron in.

Please comment which mikaelson she should be closer to.)

"Wake up," damon said leaning over me.

"Why are you here?" I growled, I know it had been a week and a half but I was still pissed about Lexi.

"Me and your bitch of a sister are taking a road trip. She found out she looks like katherine and flipped the fuck out. Today may be the day to tyler," he told me.

"I'm not telling Tyler damon. He isnt going to care and is going to mock me. Theres no point," I said sitting up in my bed.

"Is it your choice?" He asked me.

"What!" I demanded.

"He has a sister that he has no clue about. Also, if he makes one screw up hes turning into a wolf and having no clue why. You have to be honest with him. If he rejects you, fine. At least you told him," he said then did his hot eye thing.

"Just go be with elena. I dont want you here," I told him.

He looked a little sad when I said that but left nevertheless. I groaned and leaned back into my bed. The worst part is I know hes right.

I groaned and crawled out if bed to see its six in the damn morning. I went over to my closet and grabbed an oversized long sleeved shirt and a pair of jeans. I french braided my hair and put on my Adidas before heading downstairs.

"I have a school project that I need to do with a partner. Can I borrow your car?" I asked jenna.

She nodded and pointed to where the keys are.

"I love you jenna. Thank you for giving up your old life to help three broken kids who lost their parents," I told her.

"I dont think I'd classify you as broken kiddo," she said sipping her coffee.

You have no idea.

I grabbed the keys and drove to the lockwood mansion. By the time I arrived it was eight in the morning. I put the car in park and grabbed my bag which held my birth certificate. I knocked on the door and the mayor opened it.

"What can I do for you?" He demanded.

"I have a school project and Tyler's my partner. It's due on Monday so..." I trailed of.

"Hes in his room. Upstairs, third door on the right."

"Thank you," I said and slipped past him.

I walked upstairs and knocked on his door.

"Come in!" He yelled.

I walked in his room and shut his door. He saw me and quickly sat up in his bed.

"Tyler. Before you do anything I need to tell you something," I started,"I wasnt going to tell you but you deserve to know."

I handed him my birth certificate and waited for him to react. I saw his eyes read it multiple times before turning to me.

"Your not. You cant be," he stuttered.

"Whatever you decide to do with this is your choice, but you deserved to know."

"Does it make losing the Gilbert's easier. Knowing they werent your real parents?" He asked me.

"They never loved me tyler, but no. It still haunts me. In ways no one really knows," I told him.

"Why doesnt anyone. Everyone knows Jeremy went through a stoner faze. Elena is an attention whore. Then theres you, " he said to me.

"No one has ever really cared enough to ask. Listen, the sibling thing. If you want to pretend this isnt real, that we arent siblings I will play along. It's your choice tyler and I will respect it either way," I said.

The silence in the room was the answer I needed. I grabbed my bag and birth certificate and went to head out of his room. I felt him grab my wrist to stop me.

"I'm caring enough to ask. Why do you hurt yourself?" He asked and pulled me to sit by him.

"I did it before my parents died. Just never felt loved, thought it was my fault. I still do, but now I'm addicted, " I told him honestly.

He put his arm around me and pulled me into him.

"Why do you even care?" I asked him.

"I ignored every sign with Vicki. She self harmed before the drugs started. I never cared enough to stop her, now shes dead and I cant help but think it's my fault."

"Its not your fault," I whispered.

Its mine.

"Anyways," he said moving on,"I am not going to ignore your my sister. I'm maybe not ready to tell everyone, including my mom, my dad had an affair and a secret child."

I couldn't help but laugh,"I can agree to those terms with one exception. I have to tell Jeremy."

"I can agree. I'll tell people eventually its just..." he trialed off.

"Your whole life flipped upside down."

"Yeah. I promise to try to be a good brother, though," he told me.

"I promise to try and be a good sister."