Epilogue 1: the wedding

Her dress

Her dress

Her hair

Bridesmaid dresses

Bridesmaid dresses

Wedding cake

(Venue is the boarding house)

"You ready?" Tyler asked me.

It's been a year since all the crazy went down. Theres certainly still alot going on, but me and damon wanted to get married, so we are.

"Please dont let me fall," I begged.

"Never," he said with a smile.

I'm having tyler walk me down the isle. I heard the music hit, Photograph by ed sheeran. I was basically leaning on tyler as we walked out. I looked down the isle and noticed my bridesmaids.

Caroline, bonnie, and rebecka. Obviously caroline was my main of honor.

Then my eyes darted to the groomsmen.

Jeremy, Kol, Klaus, and his best man, stefan.

Then my eyes landed on damon. A huge smile spread across my face I made eye contact.

"Hurt her and I will tear your throat out," tyler growled when we reached him.

"Duly noted," damon told him.

"We are gathered here today for the marriage of Cameron Ace Gilbert and Damon Joseph Salvatore, "elijah started.

Tears filled my eyes as elijah continued to speak. I was about to be married to the man I love. Tears were in his eyes, although damon didnt want them to fall.

"They have agreed to write their own vows. Cam, you start," elijah said and shot me a smile.

"Two years ago I appeared at the salvatore house and met you and nothings been the same. Sure there were alot of down, alot of deaths, alot of heartbreak. And I was broken when you met you. Somehow you still loved me through it all. We have fought our way to every ounce of happiness and we did it together. You helped fix me and never judged me. When I was little I always prayed a for knight in shining armor to pick me up on a white horse.

Instead I got a smartass vampire in a leather jacket. And I couldnt be any happier. I love you damon," I said and wiped tears from my eyes.

"Good luck following that," elijah said to damon.

"I knew you'd come up with something clever and cute like that," damon said making everyone laugh,"I was a heartless ass when I met you, and you still saw the good in me. Becuase that's what you do, you see good and you fight for it. You fought for us. You are single handedly the stronger warrior i have ever me. You the most selfless woman i have ever seen. You are the kindest person I have ever met.

I spent centuries looking for a woman I thought was the love of my life, only to find out it's the woman standing in front of me. I fucking love you Cameron, and i always will," he finished off.

"Do you, Cameron Ace Gilbert take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Elijah asked me.

"I do," I said with a huge smile.

"And do you, damon Joseph salvatore take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Elijah asked.

"I do," he said with his signature smirk.

"You may now kiss the bride, "elijah said.

He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. And for once, everything felt right.