Chapter 44: the ball

(A/n. I am listening to yall with this chapter. Comment your favorite friendship with Cam and another charecter.)

"Elijah!" I yelled throwing my arms around him.

"I hear we have a lot to catch up on," he said holding me tight.

"Yeah. I lost my damn mind," I said with a laugh.

"We all do once. You and my brother?" He asked me.

"Confusing," I admitted.

"Well. Come to the ball tonight. Me and you can hang out and catch up," he said,"it can cheer you up since Tyler's gone."

"Yeah. Okay," I said.

Tyler left without a note saying he was leaving. Normally he tells me before pulling this crap. I am slightly hurt by this, but I also get it.

"I'll see you tonight. Dress fancy," he told me.

He left the room and damon entered.

"So your going to this lame thing too huh?" He asked with cocky grin.

"I'm just going to hang out with elijah," I told him.

"You think Elijah's brother will be okay with that. I know what happened," damon asked.

"What do you mean you know?" I demanded.

"That klaus was an ass cause you wouldnt sleep with him. Tyler doesnt trust him," damon told me.

"Yeah, well. Tyler left without saying good bye so I dont care," I told damon.

"You do care. You deserve better," damon told me.

"Like who? You?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I would hope," he answered honestly.

"I'm not the same girl I was when we first met," she told me.

"I know and I love this girl just as much as that girl," he told me.

"I have to get ready. I have a feeling I dont want to be late to this ball," I told him.

I did my hair and make up. I put on a pair of black converse to match my dress. I looked at my arms and froze, you could see my scars in this dress.

"You look so amazing," damon said entering the room.

My eyes stayed looking at my scars. Damon followed my gaze and sighed.

"Those just proof you're stronger now. When was the last time you cut?" He asked me.

"Months," I answered quietly.

"I'm so proud of you. You dont have to be embarrassed of your scars Cameron. You are bigger then your past."

I offered him a smile. Hes right. I didnt cut for anybody but myself, so I shouldnt have to cover them for the rest of my life. Which is now a long time.

Me and damon walked out to his car and he drove me to the party. I walked inside and immediately found elijah.

"Hey," I said with a smile.

"You look beautiful, " he told me.

His eyes wandered to my arms. I hid them behind my back and smiled at him.

"Hello, darling," klaus said coming up behind me.

Hey," I said pressing a kiss to his lips.

"What are you wearing?" He asked me.

"A dress," I replied snarky.

"I've never seen you in shortsleves," he noted.

"Doesnt she still look beautiful, " elijah tried to help.