Chapter 12: The Tomb

"I have to go meet up with damon. I'll see you later!" I called to tyler over my sholder rushing from my house.

Stephen texted me. They are opening the tomb today. I made it to the salvatore boarding house and saw damon with a blood bag.

"You ready to get katherine back?" I asked him.

I saw a flash of hesitation flash through his eyes, but it was gone as quick as it came.

"I am. I love her Cam. I can wait to have her back," he said.

I covered the pain I felt from the statement with a smile and hugged him tightly.

"Then we will make sure you get her back."

"Ready to go?" Stefan asked coming into the room.

"Are bonnie and her grams going to be okay?" I asked stefan.

"Shelia said she was up for this. Bonnie's willing to help. Once damon has Katherine he will be out of town," stefan hissed.

"Oh yeah. That was part of the katherine deal," I said, disappointment lacking my voice.

I forgot that damon getting the woman he loved back would mean losing the man I think I love. I held in tears as we approached the tomb.

Ready?" Shelia asked them.

Me and elena were hear for support. Damon was finding her. Stefan was back up. We have to make sure none of the others escape the tomb.

Once it was open damon rushed inside to find katherine. Not a minute later the girl my brother was dating appeared.

"Oh hell no," I said standing where I was sitting.

"Just let me in," she begged.

"Wheres my brother?" I questioned.

"In the forest. Hes gonna have a migraine but other then that's hes fine. Please let me through, " she begged.

"Let her," shelia told me.

I let her in but turned to her.

"Why would we let her in?" I growled.

"Becuase no supernatural can leave," she said to me.

"Oh my God! Damon!" I yelled running towards the entrance.

Stefan grabbed my shirt and flung me.

"You'll be trapped in there," he told me.

Elena slipped into the tomb while he was distracted stopping me. By the time he realized it, it was too late. Me and stefan were pacing. Damon was trapped inside. Suddenly I heard elena scream and stefan was inside the tomb with me following closely after. I grabbed my sister and shoved her out of the tomb but realize I was stuck inside.

"Stefan!" She screamed.

"Its okay elena," he told her.

"You just had to follow didnt you?" She screamed at me.

"I came in here to help you," I told her.

"You're an attention whore!" She screamed before running to shelia.

I started searching for damon.

"Its open! I dont know how long!" Stefan yelled.

"Let me find your brother!" I screamed.

I finally found him staring at a wall crying. I walked up beside him and intertwined my fingers with his.

"She isnt here," he whispered through tears.

"I'm sorry. Damon if we dont go we will be trapped here," I said turning to face him.

Suddenly he through the blood bag against the wall causing me to Yelp. His eyes softened when he realized he scared me, but hardened a second later.

"Once we get to the salvatore boarding home we can talk all night. We have to go though," I said to him.

He nodded slowly and walked out with me. As soon as we walked out stefan put the stone on the entrance. Damon was saying nothing, only staring straight ahead.

"Let's go," I told him.

He nodded slowly. He picked me up bridal style and ran me to his room. I sat next to him on the bed while he cried.

"I'm sorry damon," I whispered.

"I love her!" He yelled out.

"I know," I said rubbing his arm.

"No you dont! She had to compel everyone else, but me! I loved her! Shes been free all this time and she never looked for me! Why didnt she love me?" He asked, his voice softening at the end.

"Because she never realized what she had," I told him and sat closer.

I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his sholder. His arms went around me and he rested his head on mine.

"Please dont leave?" He begged.

"Never."

He held me tighter as I said that.

"You're the best friend I could have asked for," he whispered.

"Yeah."

If only he knew I didnt want to be just best friends. Now it would be too selfish to tell him. I guess I'll just have to keep hiding my feelings.

Damon fell asleep about and hour later. I brushed his hair out of his eyes and lightly pressed my lips to his forehead.

"I love you damon."