Chapter 11: Figuring it out

(If anyone has an suggestions for the story you can pm me or comment them. I love yall)

"Hey. Stefan said you were in a bad mood," I sighed walking into salvatore boarding house.

"Its becuase I was deflecting his questions," he said grabbing a book off of one of the shelves.

"Classic damon. What's up?" I asked him sitting in a chair.

"I thought you hated me. I am a monster after all," he spat.

"Monster or not I still care about you. What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I can get Katherine back," he started and I froze.

I have come to the realization that I like damon. He doesnt though. He is still madly in love with katherine.

"I thought when Bonnie's relative destroyed the-"

"Theres another way. I found it in georgia. I am this close to getting Katherine back," he said with a small smile forming.

"And you will. How can I help?" I asked sitting next to him.

"How do I know you arent going to snitch on me to my baby brother," he grumbled.

"I'm not elena damon. I'd never betray you," I told him honestly.

"Even if I'm a monster?"

"Even if you're a monster."

He sent me a smirk that added when stefan and elena came in the room.

"What did we miss?" She asked.

"Oh. Damon was telling me how bad Stefans dork ages were growing up," I teased ruffling stefans hair.

"I will snap your neck," he growled.

"Do it and I will stake you, brother," damon told him.

"Why are you here?" Elena asked me.

"Cuase damon was sulking. Why are you here?" I asked her.

"A vampires trying to kill me."

"Who's trying to kill her?" I snapped looking to stefan with a serious expression.

"The guy she hit with her car when Damon took her to Georgia," he told me.

"I'm gonna kill this motherfucker," I growled standing up, only for damon to grab my arm to stop me.

"I get your just as fast as us, but you arent just as strong," he said to me.

"What do you mean shes just as fast?" Elena questioned.

"You arent the only one mom and dad lied about. Turns out jeremy is their only real kid," I growled.

"Does Jeremy know?"

"I havent had the heart to tell him. We have more important matters right now. While you do annoy me, I dont want to see you dead," I told her.

"How sweet," she mocked.

"Take this," stefan said giving her a watch.

"Why?" She questioned.

"It locates vampires. If will keep you safe," he said and led her from the room.

"You going to the dance tomorrow  night?" Damon asked me.

"Yeah. Especially now that I have to look out for elena."

"How about we go together, as friends. Wouldnt want you to stuck with this vampire," be offered.

"Sure. I would enjoy going with a friend," It still hurt everytime I said it.

"I'll pick you up at eight. Want me to drive you home?" He asked me.

"Yes please. I'm pretty sure Elena left me."

We rode in silence the entire way. We pulled up to my house and I grabbed my bag from the back. Suddenly I felt damon grabbing my wrist.

"I thought you healed quickly," he told me.

"Still leaves scars sometimes."

He pulled my wrist to his lips and kissed the scars. He didnt say anything as I pulled my arm away and walked inside. When I entered the house I saw Jeremy relaxing on the couch.

"Can we talk?" I asked me brother.

He nodded amd we went up to his room. I sat on his beanbag chair and he collapsed on his bed. I have no idea how to break this him gently.

"I'm adopted." I guess that's one way to do it.

"W-what?" He stuttered.

"Im adopted. Mom and dad adopted me when I born. My parents didnt want me. I here recently found out," I told him.

"Do you know your parents?" He questioned.

I thought about telling him that tyler was my brother, but I could see that this was hurting him. It doesnt matter if its biological or not, hes my damn brother.

"Yeah. The Gilbert's. They sucked as parents but I do have a pretty amazing little brother," I told him and sat next to him.

"In still your brother?" He asked me.

"Oh yeah," I said and ruffled his hair.

He rolled his eyes and shoved me softly.

"I love you. I know I dont say it alot, but I do," Jer said to me.

"Love ya to. I'm gonna head to bed, busy day tomorrow," he told me.

I went to bed that night relieved that Jeremy still loved me. I was afraid of how hed react to me being adopted. The next day Damon showed up with a smirk.

"That's not a nice smirk," I told him.

"Your not going to the dance tonight," be told me.

"Like hell I'm not. A vampire is after my sister," I growled.

"No hes after you. Hes using elena as bait," he told me.

"Then he wont hesitate to kill her," I stormed oast him amd tried to open the door but I wouldnt open.

"Your stuck in here with me until this  guy is dead," he told me.

"Damon please," I begged.

"Damn it Cameron! Just stay in this room! I cant loose you to," he said his voice breaking at the end.

Hes afraid he will loose me like hes lost katherine. I turned to him and pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. My face was buried into his chest inhaling the smell of his cologne.

I pulled away with a smile. He shared a similar small. We just stared into each others eyes. Suddenly my stomache growled breaking the moment.

"I'll go get you some breakfast, Cam," he said leaving the room.

He came back a few minutes later with eggos. A grin spread across my face as we sat and talked.

We hung out in my room all day and it was fun being with damon. I forgot how much I enjoyed his company. I also forgot how hard I had fallen for him.

Stefan came in around ten to tell us the vampire was dead, and bonnie had lifted the spell that trapped me in my room.

As damon went to leave I grabbed his hand,"I dont really think you're a monster damon."

He just gave a smirk and left the room. Why the hell did I fall for him?

(Sorry it's been a few days since my last update. Schools been hard this year and I'm struggle to keep my grades where I want them. I will update as much as possible. I love you guys and thank you for reading)