𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲

"FINE! I CAME BACK BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

~~~

Kenna stared at him, her jaw-dropped. She was speechless, what was she supposed to say to that? He sighed and ran a gloved hand down his beskar helmet and he anxiously paced around in a circle as Kenna processed the words.

"Din..." She starts softly and he stops and turns to her. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He shrugged and she stepped closer to him.

"Ever since I met you, I've had this strange feeling inside of me, a feeling that was foreign, I've never felt it before but it was a nice feeling," He intertwined his fingers with hers as she looks at him through his visor. "And these past few days...these past few weeks I've realised that I've always felt more for you and--"

"Aw, so sweet," They both snap their heads to the doorway where Eugene and six stormtroopers come in, blasters pointed at them. "A Mandalorian has feelings for her, it touches me," He says sarcastically. Kenna and Din both raise their hands above their heads and Eugene nods to a stormtrooper who presents a small bag. "Open it," He opens it and pulls out the child who is sadly cooing at everyone. Kenna and Din both step forward but stop short when hearing the safety get switched off all the blasters and gets pointed at them. "Ah-ah, no, you two stay where you are, now,"

"Eugene, are you working for--"

"Moff Gideon, yes, and the price for you have been yet again, raised,"

"Really? How much? I can pay you twice as much as he is offering--"

"20,000,000," Kenna bites her lip.

"I can't pay that much, to be honest," She mumbles and Din rolls his eyes. "Anyway, why hand me over? I thought you lot wanted me to be your queen,"

"Oh, they did, I didn't. This is my plan, sell you off to Gideon, take the money, rebuild this shit hole and become king myself,"

"No one will ever follow you," Eugene laughs and steps closer to Kenna, grabbing her chin.

"I will force them to, just like what your mother did," She spits in his face and he only laughs at that, wiping it away. "Cuff and ready her for Gideon," She glares at Eugene as the stormtroopers approach her and quickly cuff her hands together. "Now, Mando, until our paths meet again," Eugene aims his gun at him and shocks him as they all leave, cackling.

~~~

She manages to persuade them to let her hold the child and she finally was able to calm him down while being pushed along. She keeps the child close to her chest before picking up her pace to walk by Eugene.

"You can't be serious about this," She hisses and he rolls his eyes.

"My dear, sweet Kenna. I wouldn't do this but Gideon wants me to. And being a king? With money? A deal I cannot--"

"Funny how he's never come out himself. Did he give you the orders in person?"

"Well, no, but--"

"I think that tells you everything about him. Listen to me Eugene," She leans closer to him so only he hears her. "No one knows him as I do, he's an evil man and has no good intentions. He manipulates people to sway them to do his biddings, he never once put his own life at risk and--"

"We're here," A stormtrooper barks and Kenna looks up to see a massive ship, lined with imps dressed in white.

"Nice ride, good security," She mocks as she is pushed up into the aircraft.

"Pass the child over,"

"No," The trooper takes a menacing step towards her, trying to scare her but she doesn't back down. "One of my favourite things to do is watch imps like you burn to death," She seethes. He raises a hand but Eugene steps between them.